Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • PSA – Uberbike
  • honourablegeorge

20% off with EXTRA20

noltae
    Free Member

Damn! I just placed an order last night !

proutster
    Free Member

Thanks! Ordered!

welshfarmer

Narrow-wide rings for under £20 delivered. Can’t fault that!

somafunk

Has anyone tried their kevlar or race matrix pads?

chillidave
    Free Member

Not tried the kevlar but race matrix are the best pads I’ve used on my Formula T1s.

pk13

I’ve used them they are fine putting an order in now. Race matrix ones

somafunk

cheers peeps, race matrix it is then.

daveh
    Free Member

Their BBs are very good.

asdfhjkl
    Free Member

Anyone used their finned XT pads? How do they compare to the Shimano ones?

Tracey

We have used the race matrix since they first started with them and have had no problems. Abigale ran them in her xts for five weeks in the Alps last year and had just had to change the rear. Just moving across to the finned ones and first impressions are that they are on par with the Shimano ones

deadkenny
    Free Member

Do the fins really make a blind bit of difference though? Maybe if you have tiny rotors and belt down alpine runs, but otherwise I can’t see I’d notice.

granny_ring

Thanks OP, taken a punt on some grips and a headset.
    Headsets any good?

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

taken a punt on some grips and a headset. Headsets any good?

they are famous for seizing at the first sign of water and trashing your frame*

*they’re not, but its a bit late to ask now 😉

rOcKeTdOg

Cheers, pads ordered

granny_ring

True but thought I’d ask, for £24 worth a go and if unanimously flamed it could be returned! 🙂

tony07
    Free Member

Race matrix were horrendous ime

Northwind

I found the racematrixes outright dangerous in my formula the ones. Fine back home for xc stuff, incredibly inconsistent when worked harder- like, one corner, stick in spokes, next corner, no brakes. Never felt anything like it. Straight in bin.

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Race matrix pads I find are awful. Been running superstar kevlar on all my bikes for last 4/5 years and thought I would try the race matrix pads. They are a pain in the arse to bed in, squeal like a pig, glaze over in an instant and power was carp compared to the ss / shimano OEM.

I still have two unopened packs after ordering 6 Pairs. They are going in the bin.

Tracey

If the race matrix are unopened and the new type XT then I would be interested in them. As above we have them in seven bikes and have not had a problem with them. Tried all the other brands over the years and they are the only ones that as good the originals.

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Affraid they are the older ones Tracey with the dogleg and pin on one side.

Tracey

Thanks anyway

somafunk

Race matrix were horrendous ime

I found the racematrixes outright dangerous

Race matrix pads I find are awful

pk13

Mine are fine I must be a mincer on the trails.

carlos
    Free Member

Another Race Matrix fan here.

The sintered ones I had de-bonded and the pad came away from the backing and Uberbike sent me out some RM’s FOC.

Been running then for the last month (inc a week in the Atlas Mountains) and locally round the Peak, still got loads of life in them, quite add consistent braking.

teethgrinder

Filed down race matrix Saint finned pads in my rear M4 is OK but was a **** to bed in. Going to try the sintered inserts next.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Uberbike’ is closed to new replies.