Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • PSA Tour of Lombardia this Saturday on Eurosport
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

Race of the Falling Leaves.

Last Classic (EPIC) of the season before they all head to hotter climes..

Best Race Of The Year, no question.

On Eurosport from 1430..

Or fly over and join the crowds on the Madonna del Ghisallo’s steps (if you can get a place)

So looking forward to this..

eddie11
    Free Member

I struggle with Lombardy. In March I’m all over every belgium semi classic but come October I always feel all raced out, Worlds is about my limit. Plus cyclocross has started.

dragon
    Free Member

I struggle with Lombardy.

😯

How it’s arguably the best race on the calendar, great riders, great scenery, exciting racing. And the winners list really is full of class.

dovebiker

Watch Phil Gil’s Lombardia victory in 2010 – drops everyone on the final descent in the rain – awesome.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Do enjoy the late season Italian races. Nibali will be up for it, looks on form with 2nd in Tre Valli Varesine, and he won last time Lombarida ran this route. Strong field though.

And I have a minor op on Friday so will legitimately be able to put my feet up and sit in front of the telly all day 8)

lunge

Noted, fancy a last dose of racing before the snow sports begin on Eurosport.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Oh and don’t forget Milan-Torino tomorrow and Paris-Tours on Sunday.

rOcKeTdOg

And the winners list really is full of class.

last chance saloon for all those who’ve had a rubbish season more like

mrblobby
    Free Member

Preview here…

Six things to look out for at Il Lombardia

last chance saloon for all those who’ve had a rubbish season more like

No doubt there will be some desperate for a result…. but looking at the teams… QS bring Martin, Alaphilippe and Gilbert. Sky have Kiwatkowski, Landa, Poles and De Rosa. Sunweb bring Dumoulin, Barguil and Matthews. You have Astana with Aru, Lopez and Fuglsang. LS with DeGendt, Wellens and Galopin. Then there’s Nibali, Uran, Pinot, Quintana, Pozzovivo, Rui Costa, Roglic and more! Any of those are potential winners.

Edit.. quality start list…

Il Lombardia 2019: Confirmed start list

TBH I think it’s one of the best of the year where it’s not which one of Sagan or GVA will win it, or a foregone Valverde conclusion.

dragon
    Free Member

That maybe true but you can’t tell me that the likes of Chaves, Martin, Nibali, Gilbert, JRod, Bettini, Cunego and Bartoli, to name some from the last 15 years aren’t class riders. All riders with either Grand Tour podiums or other monument wins.

Spin
    Free Member

Best Race Of The Year, no question.

Meh. It isn’t even in Belgium.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Was Moscon down to ride Lombardia? Looks to be in a spot of bother yet again!

slowoldman

but come October I always feel all raced out

You clearly enter too many races. Have a word with your manager or DS.

scaredypants

yeah, got his thumb trapped in a car door, I heard (Italian cars – notoriously poor panel fit. Just ask Vincenzo)

mrblobby
    Free Member

yeah, got his thumb trapped in a car door, I heard (Italian cars – notoriously poor panel fit. Just ask Vincenzo)

Old news. More recently here.

Back to Lombardy, a riders to watch here.

Into the last 40k of Milan Torino too, approaching first time up Superga with the break almost reeled in.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Be nice to see Alaphilippe win this, a fairly decent gap with 19k to go.

Some beautiful scenery in this race.

scaredypants

Oh dear, blobbers. Hadn’t seen that – Moscon’s quite the character isn’t he

Spoiler alert:

Spolier alert:

Poor Alaphilippe – he’s becoming my go-to guy for an ill-fated punt off the front 🙁

Strong from Uran again though

eddie11
    Free Member

Wow. Urans doubled his tally of race victories!

scaredypants

😀

hated him for getting utterly mugged-off by Vino in the olympics but he’s looked pretty good this year

mrblobby
    Free Member
    bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m rooting for my fave Belgian, Mr Gilbert.

Though he’s going to have to pull his finger out because if anything, he’s going to have an awful lot of company sucking his wheel….

I can’t wait.

mrblobby
    Free Member

I’m rooting for Alaphilippe, though as inrng suggests, he needs to be cunning and bide his time. Seems to be the in form quick stepper.

corroded
    Free Member

Yes, looking forward to Il Lombardia. Weather looks ropey where I live so I won’t feel too guilty staying in for the afternoon. And then that’s pretty much it until the Strade Bianche next March. Been an entertaining year for bike racing fans I think.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

mugged

you spelt “bought” wrong 👿

Lombardia also means full mudguards on club runs (until Milan San Remo, obvs).

Be great to see Phil Gil book-end his season, but I’m also a fan of Alaphilippe and his aggressive (if often futile) attacking racing.

slowoldman

Well I wasn’t going to watch it, but I’ve been convinced.

johnnystorm

Anywhere to watch it with out eurosport sub?

Spin
    Free Member

Poor Alaphilippe

It’s just youthful enthusiasm. He’ll come good and nail the big wins at some point.

mrblobby
    Free Member

All seems to be going as expected so far. Break allowed to go now slowly being reeled in. Mostly by Cannondale and Bahrain. Some Movistar too, wonder who they are riding for today?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Live on Eurosport from 1430..

Do you know if they’ve been up the Ghiselo yet?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Just been up it. Coverage without commentary is on eurosport player now. Starting the Sormano now.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Oh sh*t, DePlus just gone over a barrier on the descent 😯 Hope he’s ok.

Klunk
    Free Member

holy moly that looked nasty

mrblobby
    Free Member

Gilbert on the move with 33k to go. Probably a roll of the dice with plan B to set up Alaphilippe?

From cyclingnews…

Reports coming in that there are four doctors with De Plus at the moment. Still no word on his condition.

😐

beej

I’ve done the Ghisalo/Muro di Sormano/descent to lake. Amazing route.

Nasty crash, fingers crossed.

bikebouy
    Free Member

He’s fine, statement just issued.

mrblobby
    Free Member

No serious injuries for DePlus. Bit of a relief.

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

Cycling news feed is reporting that he’s talking and seems to have avoided any major injuries..! 😀

beej

No serious injuries for De Plus according to Eurosport and Twitter.

beej

Anyone got an update on De Plu…

Oh. We all have.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘PSA Tour of Lombardia this Saturday on Eurosport’ is closed to new replies.