Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • PSA The Wire from the beginning.
  • BoardinBob

BoardinBob – Member

I watched the whole 5 series and I was amazed to find out that McNulty is a english plummy actor.

As is Stringer Bell aka Idris Elba

And Lester Freeman.

Nope.

Lester, aka Clarke Peters, is from New York

cynic-al
    Free Member

Furry muff BB I was a bit confused, makes sense now. How was the dog-fight fixed? Drugs or something?

matthewjb – Member
    Lester Freeman.

“Freamon” 😡

The biggest surprise to me was finding out that one of Marlowe’s ‘hitmen’ was a woman.

The one that buys the nail-gun at the start of S4?

matthewjb
    Free Member

Lester, aka Clarke Peters, is from New York

I’ve been misinformed then

The one that buys the nail-gun at the start of S4?

Yep

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    BoardinBob

Furry muff BB I was a bit confused, makes sense now. How was the dog-fight fixed? Drugs or something?

That’s something I’ve never been able to work out. After the fight tree points to a rag on the ground as the clue to the cheating. You saw the other dog getting rubbed down with the rag earlier so I assumed some substance was on it that would shift the fight in that dog’s favour.

binners

The one that buys the nail-gun at the start of S4

Chris and Snoop. Quite possibly the scariest characters ever portayed on TV ever. Just the emotionally-disconnected, workmanlike way they go about killing on an industrial scale

tonyd

The biggest surprise to me was finding out that one of Marlowe’s ‘hitmen’ was a woman.

Me too – I wondered for ages why that lad was told to go meet a girl in the playground. <pedant>And I think it was Marlo, not Marlowe</pedant>

tonyd

BTW, what does PSA mean (in the thread title)? Seen it a few times but never worked it out.

toby1

Chris and Snoop were awesome – I think they were probably the closest to what really happens to be honest (not that I’d know, I ain’t dat street yo).

xiphon
    Free Member

Snoop -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felicia_Pearson

She actually DID kill someone.

thebunk

Chris and Snoop. Quite possibly the scariest characters ever portayed on TV ever. Just the emotionally-disconnected, workmanlike way they go about killing on an industrial scale.

yet weirdly likeable 😯

edit:

She actually DID kill someone.

Erm, I meant the TV characters – I’m not finding actual murderers likeable, just to clarify. IGMC…

verses

Bit more on Snoop’s real life;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-12705463

BoardinBob

The Reverend was also a real life gangster and had never acted before. Basically he was a real life Avon or Marlo. He’d just been released from prison after a very long sentence and joined The Wire a couple of weeks after his release.

mrchrispy

gotta say…i reckon the wire just about pips Sopranos.
    if the wife was as into me as she was with both the sopranos and the wire I’d be walking funny 🙁

matthewjb
    Free Member

Has anyone been watching Treme?

It’s by the same team that made The Wire and is set in New Orleans post Katrina.

It’s a bit like The Wire, The Musical. Lots of tunes and cast members from The Wire keep cropping up.

Kevevs
    Free Member

arrgh godammit, I don’t get FX channel.

I missed The Wire when it was on telly, apart from odd bits here n there, and didn’t really get it, as it so obviously need full attention from the get-go. Then after hearing and reading about it. I borrowed series 1 from a mate recently, just finished the last episode last night, and I Am Hooked!! It’s an amazing piece of work.

The 2nd series was 15 quid in asda on wed, I was all set to buy it today, but they’ve sold out. Gaah!! ordering it online….

cynic-al
    Free Member

OK I just saw the one in S4 where the store guy, set up to incarcerate Omar, turns to Proposition Joe who then turns him in to Chris and Snoop.

Why? He hadn’t done anything to Proposition Joe, who had a beef with Marlo anyway 😕

AlexSimon

I’ve watched Treme – really good. It helps that I’m really into the music, but I think it would appeal to many.
    It’s a bit preachy in places, but then half of America could probably do with hearing more about New Orleans.

Generation Kill was a fantastic piece of work. Love ‘iceman’ Alexander Skarsgård (also the best thing in True Blood).

Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘PSA The Wire from the beginning.’ is closed to new replies.