Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • PSA: The Rapture
  • CountZero

Apologies, last Saturday’s date was an error, the new revised date for the end of the world is October 21. Start making appropriate plans now.
    That is all, thank you.

wwaswas

morning or afternoon, only I’ve got a plumber booked for the morning?

mogrim

Cool, rapture time on my birthday.

GrahamS

It’s The End Of The World (As We Stole It)
    Call Center | Upstate New York, USA
    (I work for a telecommunications company doing tech support. It’s 5/20/11, the day before the supposed Rapture, and I am scheduling a work order.)

Me: “Now, sir, I have appointments open for the 21st. Would that work at all?”

Caller: “Well, yes, we should be around, unless we get Raptured. In that case, we might want to cancel it. Or, if we don’t, we might not want to cancel it. Not sure which one is the bigger problem.”

Me: “Sir, I do assure you we are well prepared for either eventuality–return of Christ or not. Now, barring Rapture, I have a 1 – 3 pm and 3 – 5 pm. Which would you’d prefer?”

Caller: “1 – 3 pm. If we don’t get Raptured, we want time for looting.”
    — from notalwaysright.com

can-uk
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc0s358b3Ys[/video]

DezB
    Free Member

Bloody hell, has Realman got a new username?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Hellfire during the winter months would be better. Shame for the Southern Hemisphere though, God must really dislike Aussies.

RealMan
    Free Member

Bloody hell, has Realman got a new username?

No, but I do approve.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

No no no… you have it wrong… the good people were all raptured on Saturday, the Wold Ends ™ on 21st October. That means that those of us left here now are all going to the firey gates of hell on that day.

Do keep up at the back!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Apparently, according to the amusingly-named Mr Camping, it was a “spiritual” event, rather than an observable physical happening…

So that explains it, then. 😀

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

So… Their souls have gone? All that is left is the succubi, incubi and the sinners?

richmars

A bit like the B ark.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Well it happened in Yorkshire because I’ve gone to hell (aka, Bradford).

CountZero

All that is left is the succubi, incubi and the sinners?

Oooooo goody, party time!

Cougar

All that is left is the succubi, incubi and the sinners?

YES! \o/

A bit like the B ark.

I hope not; if it is, history dictates that we’re all soon to be wiped out by a virulent disease spread by unsanitary telephone handsets.

deluded
    Free Member

During the spiritual coming interview (post rapture) Mr Camping was gracious enough to acknowledge “I’m not a genius” – yes, thanks for that Harold I’d arrived at that conclusion myself as it happens. To the easily lead and mentally vulnerable he is spreading needless discord and vast amounts of anxiety, not to mention a significant withdrawal from these individuals’ purses. This is hideous douchebaggery that’s receiving far too much press attention for reasons I’ve not yet fathomed. The quicker this man slips away in his sleep the better.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

L. Ron Hubbard: “How can I get rich quick?”

Isaac Asimov: “Start a religion”.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

…..far too much press attention for reasons I’ve not yet fathomed

Owning 66 radio stations probably helped him receive some publicity. Plus the apocalypse/end of the world/final judgement are issues which concern the US in a way which doesn’t concern most other countries. And what concerns the US is generally deemed to be newsworthy.

deluded
    Free Member

ernie,

I appreciate he’s a radio broadcaster with a range of stations at his disposal across the US but it’s the main stream attention he’s getting there and pan-Europe that makes my pi%% boil, but yeah I agree with you.

GrahamS

From The Independent:

After 70 years of studying the Bible, he claims to have developed a system that uses mathematics to interpret prophesies hidden in it. He says the world will end on 21 May, because that will be 722,500 days from 1 April AD33, which he believes was the day of the Crucifixion. The figure of 722,500 is important because you get it by multiplying three holy numbers (five, 10 and 17) together twice. “When I found this out, I tell you, it blew my mind,” he said.

Good to know he had a system!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘PSA: The Rapture’ is closed to new replies.