Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • PSA: The Crash Reel (Kevin Pearce's story) Sky Atlantic tonight.
  • vinnyeh

Kevin Pearce’s rehabilitation and life after his monster snowboarding crash.
    Should be well worth watching if you’ve Sky, had very good reviews so far.
    9pm.

DezB
    Free Member

Yes! I was going to recommend this too. I just know I’m going to be in tears.

DezB
    Free Member

Tune in now peeps

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Have it set to record the series. Interested to see how these three documentaries go against the benchmark (IMO) Storyville ones that the Beeb have shown recently.

sharkbait
    Free Member

I enjoyed that. Was interesting to see him come to terms with his abilities post crash.

DezB
    Free Member

Brilliant documentary. Really brought home the risks the pros take. The crash sequence towards the end was truly painful to watch. The nutters on skidoos… wow.
    Final sequence with Kevin and Shaun was a great ending.

(repeated Saturday night for those fools who were watching Later or some other garbage 🙂 )

passtherizla
    Free Member

bloody dusty in my house last night…

shame Shaun White is such a knob.

DezB
    Free Member

shame Shaun White is such a knob

Nah, he’s just a very competitive, very professional individual. That private pipe he had made was incredible!

passtherizla
    Free Member

I’ve never liked him DezB…. that 2million dollar pipe redbull made him was sick, kev gets one and invites all his mates though. what a star.

and don’t get me started on his vert skating…

actually I’m just jealous I’ve ridden snowboards since I was 13… and i’m rubbish.

theflatboy
    Free Member

Well Shaun White’s going to get his come-uppance now he’s in court for phone hacking – HA!

IdleJon

passtherizla – Member

bloody dusty in my house last night…

I’m glad it wasn’t just me!

CalamityJames
    Free Member

Excellent documentary, was incredibly tough to watch at times.
    I thought his family were amazing.

Gunz
    Free Member

Just happened across this last night and was transfixed. The one point I thought his parents should have pointed out more though was that the consequences of a further crash could very well ruin their plans for the future. I know he wasn’t thinking straight for obvious reasons but the meeting with the Mother whose son just couldn’t care less about her was very sobering.
    A complex and facinating situation that I hope I never find myself in.

annebr
    Free Member

I really liked the prayer bowl gong instead of thanking god for their food. Very chilled and allows anyone to have their own private beliefs and thanks.

When he was in hospital he didn’t half look like James from Ax Men

20thebear
    Free Member

Awesome doco. Well shot and put together. The Sarah Burke link was also tragic.

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

Holy crap. Just watched this on sky + . Best documentary on tele for a long time, and such an emotional story. It’s certainly made me want to buy a helmet for boarding this year

sausagefingers
    Free Member

Just caught this on Sky,fantastic documentary – one of the best I’ve seen. I’ve no interest in snowboarding so had no clue who Kevin pearce is but this was truly excellent.
    Not sure about the negativity towards Shaun White,I didn’t pick that up at all.The end titles being especially poignant.
    An excellent documentary about an outstanding human being surrounded by great family and friends.
    and yes there was a tear in the eye most of the way through

vinnyeh

Forgot to post on me own thread.
    Recorded, but didn’t see til last night. Cracking documentary, quite brutal in places, especially seeing Sarah Burke and Trevor Rhoda.
    Like sausage fingers says, Pearce had fantastic family and friends.
    Not a dry eye in our house.

Muke
    Free Member

Repeated tonight @ 1115 on Sky Atlantic for anyone who missed it.

scruff
    Free Member

Anyone know if this is being shown on Virgin?

DezB
    Free Member

Virgin Atlantic? Maybe you’ll need to get on a plane. 😆

Muke
    Free Member

But not on a plane that’s on a conveyor belt !

DezB
    Free Member

The Act of Killing – next documentary in the series just started on Atlantic

Straightliner

Watched it last night, a very well made and thought provoking documentary. The support he received from his family and friends was really touching.

the_lecht_rocks

Watched it tonight and we both loved it…. Great guy, great family, great friends…. A great documentary !

eskay

I missed it first time around, hopefully they will show it again at some point.

stanfree
    Free Member

Just watched It and has others have said It was absolutely brilliant. What a brilliant family Kevin has and Im glad he saw sense in the end. It’s also worth saying that the soundtrack was stunning.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘PSA: The Crash Reel (Kevin Pearce's story) Sky Atlantic tonight.’ is closed to new replies.