Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • PSA: Skiing Heaven. This weekend only
  • thegeneralist
    Free Member

This season has been another absolute cracker in the west of Scotland. Unlike last year when the huge amounts of snow were generally followed by days of shit weather and wind, this year the snow just keeps coming but the weather’s generally been great in between.
    If you’ve ever considered skiing in Scotland, but been put off by how shit it can be, or if you’re a regular but assumed the season had ended, think again.
    They’re going to close on Tuesday, not due to lack of snow, but due to lack of punters. The conditions up there are brilliant for mid winter. For the beginning of May they’re just nuts.
    I don’t know if they’re still doing lessons, but phone them and ask. Get yourselves up to Glen Coe Sunday and Monday and use the facilities.

I won’t be going cos I’m ill, but I’ve had six days from Manc this year and some of them were some of the best days I’ve had skiing ever. (Perhaps 60 resorts in 10 countries)

Winterhighland

Do it.

steeble
    Free Member

Seconded. Glencoe has been great this season

nbt

I’ve not been this season and I can’t make it this week, but Glencoe is one of my favourite ski areas ever. Spring Run is ace

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Oops, I was wrong. The weather sucked by the look of it. But never mind, the general point still stands: I Love Glen Coe and am so chuffed that they had such an amazing season this year. And even more chuffed that I got a few good days.

nbt: Spring Run is ace

I think my best skiing moment this year was taking son Jamie down the Spring Run for the first time. We’d been practising dodging in an out of rocks and heather on the Main Basin in the morning and I decided it was time to step it up a bit. We trogged along the track to the top, where it splits off from Flypaper. As so often happens it was quite wind scoured so there were lots of bare patches and rocks showing through. Various snowboarders scattered about having missed the sharp turns between rocks. Luckily it’s not so steep at the top so I just told him to do the same as on The Main Basin. He totally styled it and did the 3 or 4 tight turns to avoid the rocks. The buy behind him clattered on of them and some mountaineer type gave us some very strange looks.
    He managed fine on the rest of it, though we did have to stop for Haribo half way down.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Skiing Heaven. This weekend only’ is closed to new replies.