Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • PSA: Sending Rab down kit back for repair
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi Chaps,

I’ve had my Rab neutrio for about 8 years, it’s been climbing in Switzerland, France, all over the UK, used to move sheep and farm equipment around, then used for endurance races, covered in mud, gels, ripped, and generally abused.

It was a mess, I was going to throw it away but a chap in Tiso told me to send it for repair. So, I wrote a nice letter to Equip UK, and asked them to see if it was salvageable.

Got a call a few weeks later, £29 for the repair. I didn’t expect much.

It turned up a few days ago, it looks like a brand new jacket! It smells and feels brand new too. I’m pretty stunned.

The best part is, it was one of the very last made in the UK, so it’s pretty special to me.

So… if you’ve got a dodgy, grotty, old, ripped, stinking Rab down jacket or bag – fire them an email and see what they can do.

I almost bought a new jacket for winter mountaineering, £29 for what is a new high end jacket ain’t bad 🙂

Ricks

LoCo
    Free Member

Is that the blue one? 😯

rickon
    Free Member

Nope, it’s the red one you may have not have seen cause it was so mangled!

GregMay
    Free Member

Rab are wonderful for that. Have a jacket going back to them tomorrow, old Berber smock, made in Sheff years ago, wonderful piece of kit.

LoCo
    Free Member

Worse than the blue one? 😯 😯 that is amazing service 😀 must have been a full biohazard suit job 😉

sweepy
    Free Member

Ive got an old purple smock that I love, Nearly twenty years old. I wonder what they could do with that.
    Might give it a try after winter, Ta.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Sending Rab down kit back for repair’ is closed to new replies.