Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • PSA, Scalextric Velodrome for £20 in Daily Mail today
  • tinsy
    Free Member

During the Olympics I posted a pic of my office toy of the day Velodrome set it got some of you quite excited..

Anyhow its £20 today in the Mail if you want one.

http://www.pressdisplay.com/pressdisplay/viewer.aspx

konabunny
    Free Member

Link doesn’t seem right…

mogrim

Ooh, that’s going to present a fair few people with a bit of an ethical dilemma 🙂

robh

Been £19.99 on Modelzone for a while, I got it through Amazon as I had a voucher, 16.99 delivered, one nephew chrimbo present sorted.

tinsy
    Free Member

Konabunny, no the link is a bit rubbish I couldnt find a better one. the blurb cut n paste.

aaArticle rank 8 Oct 2012 Daily Mail SCALEXTRIC VELODROME SET FOR EVERY READER PAY JUST £19.50 AND SAVE £50 ON RRP
    WE’VE teamed up with scalextric to offer every reader the chance to claim the first and only Micro scalextric team GB velodrome Cycling set at a fantastic discounted price of £19.50 — RRP £69.99 — save £50! Micro scalextric is ideal for younger children and the perfect introduction to the action-packed world of scalextric racing. Our set includes all you need to get racing and follows the traditional slot-racing format, but instead of using cars, there are two miniature cyclists dressed in team GB kits. the set features a banked oval track, with two challenging chicanes to test your nerve.

HOW TO CLAIM:

Collect three differently dated tokens from those we’ll print every day in the Daily Mail until October 15, 2012 (your first is below).
    Racing fun: The Team GB Velodrome set

When you have your tokens, send them, together with a cheque for £19.50, made out to Daily Mail, to the address we will publish later in the promotion.

TERMS & CONDITIONS:

winston_dog
    Free Member

Here’s a link to avoid the Daily Wail.

Same price to. Amazon

zilog6128

Hmmm, was getting quite excited, but as robh says is already available at that price on Amazon with no vouchers needed, plus most of the reviews are 1 star and say it’s crap!

tinsy
    Free Member

I didn’t realise that you could get them at that now, I paid £35 but the Olympics was on then..

ourmaninthenorth

Was given one for my birthday by my father (he’d been an Olympic volunteer and this was about as close to bonding as we’ll ever get).

Am loath to use it having read so many descriptions of fragile, irreplaceable parts.

mikeconnor
    Free Member

It’s reduced to £20 because it’s crap. a friend works in retail and says that they’d ordrered loads of sets in, which took up loads of space in their store room, and they just didn’t sell. Grossly overpriced and not all that exciting. People just didn’t want them. You could get a much better microscalextric set for a lot less.

binners

Clearly the Daily Fail, published this and then saw an opportunity. Cynical?

All the Hornby Olympic tat didn’t sell as it was..erm, well… tat. They can’t give it away

Mike – I didn’t know about microscalextric. That looks great, and a far better option. Cheers

mikeconnor
    Free Member

Binners, for just £10 more, you could get this (which was cheaper at rrp than the velofrome tat):

http://www.modelzone.co.uk/slot-car/scalextric-need-for-speed-micro-racing-set.html

They can’t give it away

You should see how many wenlock and Mandeviulle mascots thay still have. Even the local council won’t take them away to put in landfiull.

binners

Nice one Mike. Looks like its time to introduce my daughters to the joys of Scalextric. Its not just for me. Honest 😉

mikeconnor
    Free Member

ha ha! No, of course not!

Had my lot set up in my girlfriend’s house last weekend, as we had some friends with their kids over for the afternoon. It was the adults that squabbled the most!

IHN

Looks like its time to introduce my daughters to the joys of Scalextric

Girls playing Scalextric!

It’s just political correctness gone mad. No good will come of it.

mogrim

Girls playing Scalextric!

It’s just political correctness gone mad. No good will come of it.

It’s alright, they’re not very good at it. Driving, you see…

🙂

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘PSA, Scalextric Velodrome for £20 in Daily Mail today’ is closed to new replies.