Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • PSA: Royal Mail parcels half price
  • thenorthwind

Royal Mail have just started a promotion on parcel prices (online only unfortunately).

From their mailshot today:

You can now send a Medium Parcel between 2kgs and 5kgs for £6.29* Between 17th July and 16th October the online price to send a 2nd Class Medium Parcel has reduced to £6.29 from £13.75.

2nd Class Signed For, Medium Parcels now cost £7.29, reduced from £14.75.

*2nd Class Medium Parcels purchased online (61cms, 46cms, 46cms). 2kgs to 5kgs. Available online only from 17/07/17 to 16/10/17.

I’d like to send more stuff RM but when it’s £14 to send an item worth £20 RM, or £6 MyHermes, it’s just not justifiable. This is more comparable.

I’m guessing it’s a pilot to see if they can get more of the “eBay and people flogging bike bits” business and keep it profitable by competing more on price with the low-cost couriers. Let’s hope they can!

dmck16
    Free Member

I’d like to send more stuff RM but when it’s £14 to send an item worth £20 RM, or £6 MyHermes, it’s just not justifiable. This is more comparable.

Aye, absolutely understandable.

But when Hermes are paying their staff a pittance, and with RM paying a fair wage package – surely RM will never be able to compete at those prices (other than short term)?

EDIT: Good PSA, should prove useful for most folk!

cloudnine
    Free Member

Can you send forks via royal mail? Sold some cheap RS forks earlier..

PiknMix
    Free Member

I sent forks RM recently. No issues at all.

thenorthwind

But when Hermes are paying their staff a pittance, and with RM paying a fair wage package – surely RM will never be able to compete at those prices (other than short term)?

Sadly, you’re probably right.

Having posted a parcel RM this morning, they definitely need to work on their online user interface and general customer service.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Royal Mail parcels half price’ is closed to new replies.