Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • PSA Race across America itv4
  • postierich
    Free Member

He is not going to do it! IMHO

stuckinarut
    Free Member

What a whinger! oooh – get me my energy drink, no not that one the other one. waah – I’m so tired. waah – my legs hurt. waah – my neck hurts (gotta love the homebrew neckbrace 😆 ) Amazed his team didn’t just drive off and leave him! When he wasn’t whinging and complaining at them, he was showering them with motivational management bs.

No doubt it’s a tough event. But did he even train for it? Didn’t look fit and prepared to me.

Got to give him his due tho – he did actually finish not-last, even though he didn’t beat the british record.

He wanted to be an inspiration to other normal blokes – it worked on me! I was thinking if this berk can do it, i’d give it a shot with less whining. (I won’t of course. But if I did…)

Almost time for the actual toughest event in the world..

meehaja
    Free Member

He’d get there if he pedalled a bit more and didn’t brake so much on the down hills…

trail_rat
    Free Member

i have to say i know looks can be decieving but come on !

send matt page – he will sort out the british record….

postierich
    Free Member

As soon as he squeezed into his US Postal shirt @ the beginning I thought no way ,fair play to him for beating the cut off but he did not come across to well.

finbar
    Free Member

He had zero tanlines at the start, didn’t bode well really. Chapeau for seeing it through though.

uplink
    Free Member

This programme was on TV a couple of years ago so someone may have taken his crown[?] by now

I thought it was Cadel Evans – what with all the petulance & whinging 😀

DaveGr
    Free Member

IMO too fat to have trained enough for that type of event but well done to him for getting to the start line and finishing it – looks like he picked the pace up towards the end. Not sure if the backup crew were “bought in” from America. Don’t believe it’s the toughest bike race in the World as it was roadie with a Winnibago in attendance. Think there was a documentary a few years ago about a Joe Public joining an armed services team to do it. He never started as he wasn’t good enough on a bike??

sockpuppet

fine, he didn’t come over well.

however, i couldn’t have done what he did, though. be honest with yourself – could you?

trail_rat
    Free Member

“however, i couldn’t have done what he did, though. be honest with yourself – could you? “

in all honesty if someone told me i was starting that race in 6 months time at their expense i think id give it a fair old crack.

That was an incredible ammount of gels he ate ….and im the gel monster when it comes to enduros – record for me is at 16 powerbar caffiene gels in 1 x 10 hour event.

I would much rather do the Tour divide though – flat boring roads would do my box in !

brakes
    Free Member

I thought all endurance atheletes had to carry a bit of weight

I didn’t think it was a very good tv show, regardless of the dull rider and dull crew – especially when you compare it to that other one that was on recently – you know, the one about they guy who rode for ages, solo. he does adverts and stuff now.

trail_rat
    Free Member

mark beaumont – he is a top guy – very entertaining. made this guy seem like a whinge — sure mark had his whinges but most of the time he was on his game

i did how ever admire the guys dillusional state at times.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘PSA Race across America itv4’ is closed to new replies.