• This topic has 19 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by mrjmt.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • PSA; Rab stuff half price
  • wrecker
    Free Member

…on SportPursuit.
    There is some nice stuff on there too, and seemingly from a cursory look a good range of sizes.
    Sorry to tempt you all to get spendy.

riddoch

GO outdoors had some Rab stuff on special offer even cheaper. Latok jacket for £115 but only in one colour.

Scapegoat

Go Outdoors are quick to advertise a desirable garment at a very reasonable price, but when you do an online query you discover that they only have the jacket in cerise for click and collect in Croydon.

jp-t853

Scapegoat – Member

Go Outdoors are quick to advertise a desirable garment at a very reasonable price, but when you do an online query you discover that they only have the jacket in cerise for click and collect in Croydon.

In size xxxs

hora
    Free Member

and they are **** useless at getting stock in. The Manchester Ancoats branch of GoOutdoors need a real shake up- a new manager or sack all the staff and start again. They are ok as long as you don’t ask a complicated question (anything over can I pay for this, or where would I find the tents).

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Are sportpursuit any good?
    Is this one of those things where you chip in and then they get the stuff when enough people have committed?

At the moment it’s annoying me that you can’t even look at the site without registering.

GregMay
    Free Member

Thankfully nothing that I actually want 🙂

mrjmt
    Free Member

Just ordered a fleece and a jacket.

Strange, the jacket says its a “Mens Cohort Jacket (Cayenne)” but I can’t find anywhere on the whole tinternet that has this jacket?
    There’s a womens one available, but the Cayenne is a mens colour.

Hmm, worth a shot as if it is Pertex Shield+ it’ll be good for riding, will just see what turns up in October once I’ve forgotten I ordered it!

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Equipe Outdoors at Somercotes if you are near Derbyshire. Open in the afternoons to the public on a weds/thurs last time I went. I’ve had some great bargains from there. Factory seconds or samples but you’d never know.

Wimsey Way, Somercotes, Alfreton, Derbyshire DE55 4LS

turboferret

MrSalmon – I’ve always had good experience with SportPursuit, but you have to understand the process. You aren’t getting next-day delivery – check to see if you’re happy with the estimated despatch date to avoid disappointment.

It’s generally all stuff which has been superceded with more recent models, so there is a chance that you could get a better deal somewhere else, but I’ve always been happy.

Just ordered some SuperNatural merino stuff.

Cheers, Rich

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Don’t knock Go Outdoors! They were proper helpful when I was looking for a Down type jacket last week, they had a Montane Prism (reccommended on here) & a RAB Alpine Microlight, my budget was £140 but the RAB was £162. The young lass who was doing some pricing up said they did pricematch, like for like & if I found one somewhere else online they’d match it. She even mentioned a company they’d been matching against, so I checked & theirs was £152.99. She double checked & said ‘right, our price works out at £136.78’

Happy me!

hora
    Free Member

So she got the price wrong to the detriment of her employer? Like the idiot at JDSports who insisted in giving a tenner change extra until I got his manager who corrected him.

m360
    Free Member

So she got the price wrong to the detriment of her employer? Like the idiot at JDSports who insisted in giving a tenner change extra until I got his manager who corrected him.

No, but don’t let that stop a bit of minimum wage shop worker bashing 🙄

Go Outdoors beat competitors prices by 10%

wilburt
    Free Member

Are we not supposed to paying full RRP +10% biscuit tax for stuff now or is that just cassettes and suspension forks.

santacruzsi
    Free Member

got the email this morning and treated myself to a new Softshell 😀 bought a few bits from there and had no issues. Like someone else above says, don’t expect your item(s) for a few weeks but if you know this before hand and in no rush then there are some bargains!

m360
    Free Member

Are we not supposed to paying full RRP +10% biscuit tax for stuff now or is that just cassettes and suspension forks.

I dunno, can’t keep up as it seems there’s no pleasing most people.

PSA – Cheap as you like, plus cash back, plus anyone got a £5 off voucher?

But what about your LBS?

They’re overpriced, rude, and fit forks the wrong way

yeah, but if you take them biscuits that’ll fix it, right?

Why should I take them biscuits, they should be giving ME biscuits

Wiggle gives you Harribo at Xmas, and did I mention the cash back?

Did I mention the biscuits?

I don’t even HAVE a LBS

[quote]Yeah, but I got a £5 off CRC voucher[/quote]

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

So she got the price wrong to the detriment of her employer?

Err, probably not.
    Unless the same lass had input all the prices on the Go Outdoors website as well.
    Or maybe these big companies who are taking over the world of retail don’t know what theyr’e doing eh?

mrjmt
    Free Member

Just had dispatch email from SP.

Couple of weeks earlier than expected.

8)

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Stop bashing Go. They sold me Scarpa Manta’s at a super low price because of price matching.

mrjmt
    Free Member

I like Go, got my Rab down coat from there on the price beat.

On a (un)related note, strange how the move of David Hanney from Go Outdoors to Planet X coincided with PX going crap.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘PSA; Rab stuff half price’ is closed to new replies.