Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • PSA: Perennial STW favourite Pans Labyrinth on tonight
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

12:45am, channel 4

If you’ve never seen it before, you must watch do so. Brilliant film

mikey74
    Free Member

Arrrrggggghhhh why start it as 12:45 though? Pointless!!

somafunk

Coz that gives you enough time to get settled by 11pm and gub a dose of mushrooms and come 00.45 you’ll be coming up nicely to immerse yourself totally in the film 😀

mikey74
    Free Member

Coz that gives you enough time to get settled by 11pm and gub a dose of mushrooms and come 00.45 you’ll be coming up nicely to immerse yourself totally in the film

Erm, don’t have any. Will Twiglets and red wine do instead?

flipiddy
    Free Member

Coz that gives you enough time to get settled by 11pm and gub a dose of mushrooms and come 00.45 you’ll be coming up nicely to immerse yourself totally in the film

Erm, don’t have any. Will Twiglets and red wine do instead?

It’s for comments like these I wish STW had a ‘like’/’+1’ button 😀

CountZero

I saw it on release at the cinema. So unsettled by it, I really don’t think I can watch it again. And it’s not the monsters in the other world I have problems with…

mikey74
    Free Member

The “bottle” scene gets me every time.

DezB
    Free Member

Arrrrggggghhhh why start it as 12:45 though?

Get the VHS plugged in!

alexpalacefan

I saw this at the cinema too. Had to leave half way through. May be mentally as well as physically weak.

APF

patriotpro
    Free Member

Taped – cheers cheesy feet

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Thanks, will record it for my 9 year old, she loves fairy stories.

Nipper99
    Free Member

I have the dvd box set so i can watch Pan’s, The Devils Backbone and Cronos back to back. Nice.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

😆

CountZero

The “bottle” scene gets me every time.

Oh, yes… 😐

😯 That’s a joke, I hope!
    There are female friends of mine in their forties I wouldn’t sit through Pan’s Labyrinth with.
    Most ‘horror’ films I can sit through, with the occasional ‘jump’ moment, but this film left me really disturbed. Brilliant film, for that very reason.

user-removed
    Free Member

Really? I’m honestly surprised and may have to sit up and give it another go. I have seen it but found it a bit quirky but in no way disturbing. Jacob’s Ladder twisted my melon a bit though.

RustySpanner

Makes me cry.
    Mind you, so do Bambi and Dumbo.

Currently watching Beowulf – it’s pretty good so far.

CountZero

Really? I’m honestly surprised and may have to sit up and give it another go. I have seen it but found it a bit quirky but in no way disturbing. Jacob’s Ladder twisted my melon a bit though.

Prolly just me, I think it was the sickening, calculated violence of the humans, especially the bottle scene, that did it for me.

athgray
    Free Member

It is a great film. I find it a very uncomfortable viewing experience. This is meant as a compliment.

user-removed
    Free Member

Nope. Still not scared or emotionally scarred.

patriotpro
    Free Member

athgray – Member
    It is a great film. I find it a very uncomfortable viewing experience. This is meant as a compliment.

With you. First time i’d watched it and it properly gripped me. Film making at it’s best.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Perennial STW favourite Pans Labyrinth on tonight’ is closed to new replies.