• This topic has 136 replies, 58 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by SOAP.
Viewing 17 posts - 121 through 137 (of 137 total)
  • PSA pair of 10sp slx shifters for £15.99
  • drain

Yup, mine arrived today too – bargainaceous! Ta muchly, OP.

rudyard197
    Free Member

Yep, usual CRC big box turned up. Not so much of a bargain, had to buy a new frame to fit my bargain 10 spd shifters to!

highclimber
    Free Member

got mine this morning, just need the rest of the parts to finally go 1×10. Which rear mech should I go for?

mlucas666
    Free Member

got mine this morning, just need the rest of the parts to finally go 1×10. Which rear mech should I go for?

Depends on how much you want to pay, but SLX is good, especially the 2013 stuff.

I’m going for ZEE to go on my DJ/Muck-about bike in the new year purely for the short cage.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

suddenly lots of pairs on eBay

kevin1911

Mlucas, what’s different about the 2013 stuff. Crc have the 2013 mech for a fiver more than the old one. It looks different, but doesnt seem to have the fancy clutch feature…?

glasgowdan
    Free Member

The ebay sellers are humorous. Loads of left only for sale, plus plenty of the no window pairs for £40 or so. Shame a good deal on crc has to end up as profit in someone’s pocket instead of on the bike of people without much spare cash!

mlucas666
    Free Member

Mlucas, what’s different about the 2013 stuff. Crc have the 2013 mech for a fiver more than the old one. It looks different, but doesnt seem to have the fancy clutch feature…?

Sorry, meant the ones with the Clutch.

I don’t suppose there’s much difference between the pre-2013 SLX and 2013 SLX (non clutch) mechs in performance, if anything at all, but the 2013 models do look nicer IMO.

KidCragg
    Free Member

Got mine today as well, Bargin of the year!

Question is, what double front slx 10 spd mech do I want for the new set up?

28.6mm sizing any thoughts welcomed!

nwill1
    Free Member

I’m with glasgowdan, I missed out, shame so many people are selling on eBay I counted about 15 pairs, but that’s life I guess, have agreed to buy a rear 10 speed of a pal £17.50 still a bargin!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Kid cragg, you don’t need to buy a 10speed front mech. If you have a 9speed triple front mech, just set the stop so far across that it acts as a double, if you get what I mean?.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’ve never felt the need for shifter windows.Gears are done by feel or by predicting an upshift or downshift as you read the trail.

Try riding without them!

No. I like them. Why should I take them off..? I don’t have to do what you say, and riding without them doesn’t make you better than me. 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

The ebay sellers are humorous. Loads of left only for sale, plus plenty of the no window pairs for £40 or so. Shame a good deal on crc has to end up as profit in someone’s pocket instead of on the bike of people without much spare cash!

Ever thought that those selling them don’t have much spare cash either and are using the profits to keep cycling? 🙂

carlosg
    Free Member

Picked mine up from the PO today , thanks very much OP.

They’re now sat in my spares box waiting for my bike to catch up with technology(or when my drivetrain dies)

timc
    Free Member

PeterPoddy – Member

Ever thought that those selling them don’t have much spare cash either and are using the profits to keep cycling

As If…

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Hrm

SOAP
    Free Member

Anyone still waiting?
    Mine were dispatched Tuesday and they have not arrived yet. 🙁

Viewing 17 posts - 121 through 137 (of 137 total)

The topic ‘PSA pair of 10sp slx shifters for £15.99’ is closed to new replies.