Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • PSA: One of those wooden kiddy bikes.
  • grazzer1
    Free Member
    sv

My son has had one of those for about a year now and is ready for his 'big' boy bike. The wooden bike worked well although it is pretty much trashed now. The hub skewers and 'headset' skewer tend to lose there end allen nut. Easily enough fixed with a drill bit and hex nut.

For the money I thought it was worth it (we paid £40).

matthewjb
    Free Member

Not really comparable to an Islabike.

But for the money it's almost a disposable bike.

tinsy
    Free Member

My little lad isnt due until March, is it too early to buy this in preparation? 🙂

cyclistm
    Free Member

tinsy, never too early

cyclistm
    Free Member

Just ordered, cheers for the heads up

mountaincarrot
    Free Member

Wooden bikes are brilliant, and the great thing is you can modify them!

Ours got lowered initially – jigsaw wood glue 🙂 for when our daughter's legs were too short, later it has a rear brake bolted on, then a trailer mounting, then a flagpole, bell, now it's set extra tall. (A bit more cutting and gluing). She's seven, and still screams round indoors on it, whilst riding her 20" bike outside!

takisawa2

Don't think Islabike make a wooden one, you must be thinking of Like-a-Bike.
    Got our eldest one for xmas 2yrs ago. Not a Like-a-Bike but a cheaper one from StJohn St Cycles on Ebay. (£35 IIRC). Now passed on to his little brother. Ok for scooting around indoors
    An Islabikes Rothan is in a different league. Way way better.
    Oh, & the people over at IslaBike nr Ludlow are great, they even have a mini test track at the back. Highly recommended.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘PSA: One of those wooden kiddy bikes.’ is closed to new replies.