Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • PSA: O! M!! G!!! possibly the best thing in the world EVER!! (Greggs content)
  • binners

Greggs are doing steak and Stilton rolls!!! Looks like a sausage roll. Tastes like a little piece of heaven! It’s like a mini steak bake with added blue cheese!! Can you think of anything better?!! seriously?! No! Exactly!!!

You have got to try one of these bad boys. Or 3. 5 if you really want to push the boat out!

It isn’t listed on the menu on the website, but it’s real! I’ve seen it with my own eyes! I’ve tasted it! Rejoice brothers and sisters. All hail the blue and orange purveyors of pastry-based awesomeness!!! They’ve truly surpassed themselves this time!!! 😀

leffeboy

3.5 is a bit specific though?

I’ll have to modify my sausage roll recipe to add that. Hamburgers already involve making in two halves, putting blue cheese in the middle and then sticking together

now where’s that Like button? this is 2015 isn’t it 😉

teethgrinder

Cheese makes things taste shite.

joshvegas
    Free Member

^get out

binners

What?!!! Are you insane?!! STONE THE HERATIC!!!!!

robdob
    Free Member

I can’t beleive they’ve added cheese to their PERFECT steak recipe. It’ll be full of hippies and trendy hipster types soon, wanting feta and rocket on too.

Don’t encourage them Binners. Stick with the true Greggs taste, you owe it to yourself.

jota180
    Free Member

I’m another one that thinks all they’ve done is ruined a glorious Steak Bake with a smegma dressing

Shackleton

teethgrinder and jota180 +1

Cheese is the devils bellend scrapings.

maccruiskeen

Blue cheese in greggs? Cheese, but it’s blue?

This could truely be the end of days

The apopielypse.

IanMunro
    Free Member

It isn’t listed on the menu on the website,

You mean it’s made from the “special stuff” kept behind the counter?

leffeboy

Blue cheese in greggs? Cheese, but it’s blue?

it probably didn’t start blue though..

There is possibly no better taste on the world that melted cheese, especially if browned a bit

hairyscary

Do Greggs have a ‘menu’?

klunky
    Free Member

It just occurred to me that I have never been in a greggs.

allthepies
    Free Member

Me neither.

66deg
    Free Member

I’m in.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I stepped inside the one in Keswick once, but it scared me so I left before buying anything.

fallsoffalot
    Free Member

used to love the sausage rolls steak bakes an especially the bacon and cheese raps, but why are they incapable of keeping the bloody things hot

jota180
    Free Member

but why are they incapable of keeping the bloody things hot

Pasty tax

binners

The cheese and onion pasties are normally hotter than the surface of the sun!

teasel
    Free Member

Allthepies ››

klunky said » It just occurred to me that I have never been in a greggs.

Me neither. [/quote]

In which case your user name is very misleading and highly inaccurate.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Greggsnuts are the dogs bolx.

tonto
    Free Member

I always wondered what they did with them.

MoreCashThanDash

So long as they don’t sneak the foul blue cheese into the Greggs steak bakes you can buy in Iceland.

Spent this afternoon in the north stand at the Derby match, just behind a hoarding that said “Greggs, who’s dribbling now?”

I was going to take a photo and stick it up on here for binners, really wish I had now!

nickc

Do Greggs have a ‘menu’?

the middle class posh ones do…

cheese; yes please, steak…no thankyouverymuch

markshires
    Free Member

I had one the other day it was amazing! Didn’t realise it was Stilton though.
    Just about everything I have ever had from greens is always hotter than the sun!

Definitely better than the McRib anyway!

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Steak Bake. Once maybe every 4 or 5 months.

A little taste of luxury.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

A little taste of luxury.

Dear oh dear. There’s more meat on a butchers pencil than there is in one of those things, should be called a gravy bake!.

Bez

dudeofdoom

I did like the christsmas special sussage rolls with cranberries….

Don’t really venture into Greggs much being a health eatin freak 11 months of the year..

Dunno why the stopped doing the four cheese soft bites that was my favourite before I went to the dark side.

P20

I saw the thread title and I thought it was going to be this:

6079smithw
    Free Member

somafunk

Greggs is to a proper bakery what McDonalds is to quality dining, industrial made lowest quality ingredients with the least possible nutritional value.

It’s not food, it’s reconstituted slurry.

I’ll stand across the street boycotting them along with allthepies/ianmunro/klunky.

MoreCashThanDash

Wow, there’s some right food snobs around here. Greggs and McDonald’s are what they are, but a couple of farmers I know tell me they would sooner deal with McDonald’s than Tescos, I know whose supply chain I’d sooner rely on.

sparkyrhino

I enjoy there sarnies,by sarnies I mean a steak bake between two cheese&onion pasties mmmmmm

binners

This is STW. Wereyou not aware of the rules? All bread must be baked by yourself. All produce must be organic, free range, fair trade, and watered by the tears of unicorns. And you must never ever ever tire of telling everyone this from the saddle of your very very high horse 😉

cliffyc
    Free Member

@ P20,made my day that one. I thought the Marmite jersey was ubernice,this may top it,love the “Pasty pocket”!!

MoreCashThanDash

Just had to google that jersey…..

P20

available from here 😉
    And yes, I have one 😆

bearGrease

That’s no way to treat Stilton, most magnificent of cheeses.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘PSA: O! M!! G!!! possibly the best thing in the world EVER!! (Greggs content)’ is closed to new replies.