Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • PSA No country for old men starting on More4 now
  • kimbers

the creepiest haircut ever

Drac

Damn watching Jaws.

samuri
    Free Member

turn over.

teasel
    Free Member

The scene in the garage shop – one of my favourite film scenes ever…

jools182
    Free Member

Call it

teasel
    Free Member

🙂

The bloke didn’t know how close he came.

I like the way Chigurh half-chokes when the guy claims he married into the business – about the only emotion he shows in the entire film.

Priceless.

Cougar

I watched this for the first time a couple of weeks ago.

It’s one of those really bloody annoying films that has you thinking “this is awesome, but I can’t see how they’re ever going to resolve it” and then the credits roll. Films that do that should have an announcement at the start, “warning, we couldn’t be buggered to shoot an ending for this film, so it just stops.”

headfirst
    Free Member

Cougar + 10 bazillion

teasel
    Free Member

In your opinion, what needed to be resolved in particular…?

mikey74
    Free Member

It’s one of those really bloody annoying films that has you thinking “this is awesome, but I can’t see how they’re ever going to resolve it” and then the credits roll. Films that do that should have an announcement at the start, “warning, we couldn’t be buggered to shoot an ending for this film, so it just stops.”

The book ends that way too. If you think about it it does actually make sense.

twistedpencil

Cougar, it’s a brilliant ending, it mirrors the book very closely, the Coens did a fine job. Remember he’s still out there with his cattle stun gun…

noteeth
    Free Member

Not one of CM’s best books (though still very good), but a great film – the Coen Bros certainly do justice to his writing.

kimbers

read the book? ending is slightly different, I love both, tommy lees narration at the begining explains it better

and to be honest its about the journey not the destination in this film, certainly true for a lot of the macarthy books ive read

mikey74
    Free Member

To be fair many of McCarthy’s books do have quite powerful endings e.g. The Outer Dark, The Road, Blood Meridian.

This one is a bit more cerebral.

Pigface
    Free Member

First time I watched it I was disappointed at the ending, watched it again and realised it was pure genius. One of my favourite films.

Some of the black humour in the script is astounding.

The Overmatched scene with Ellis is beyond praise, just brilliant.

bigbadbob
    Free Member

The crapest finish to a film I have seen for ages. You don’t even see one of the main characters been killed, or the moments that lead up to his killing… Very poor finale to the film…

teasel
    Free Member

You don’t even see one of the main characters been killed

Who…?

ransos
    Free Member

The crapest finish to a film I have seen for ages.

Why does a film have to have a definitive conclusion?

Also, do any women like the film? Amongst my friends, it’s a straight gender split.

mudshark
    Free Member

The only thing that annoys me slightly is that Chigurh is able to track down the money so easily – that blinking box!

teasel
    Free Member

There’s more to it than that, though, isn’t there. He has good instincts and is obviously able to put himself in his prey’s shoes. Ultimately, it’s what he does and he does it well.

As he says himself “You choose the one right tool…” or something like that.

kimbers

my missus loved it too

the ending is about tommy lee’s narration more than concluding the action

Drac

The only thing that annoys me slightly is that Chigurh is able to track down the money so easily – that blinking box!

You must be really furious that Woody Harrelson found him in only 3 hours with no blinking box.

grum
    Free Member

+1

Apart from I didn’t think it was that awesome up until then either. The main bad guy is incredibly cartoony and unconvincing.

I normally love Coen Brothers films too. At least the cinematography was nice I suppose.

Seems like one of those films where people enjoy congratulating themselves for how clever they are for appreciating it.

teasel
    Free Member

Seems like one of those films where people enjoy congratulating themselves for how clever they are for appreciating it.

🙂

What a strange addition to your post. I can only assume you enjoy trying to belittle anyone that doesn’t have the same tastes as you.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘PSA No country for old men starting on More4 now’ is closed to new replies.