Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • PSA Mudhugger DOES NOT fit El Guapo
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

No way will it fit under full compression 🙁

bikeneil
    Free Member

Ok

james
    Free Member

erm mine does?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

What size frame? and under full compression?

Pictures please?

james
    Free Member

*I’ve a few ifs buts and maybes however
    Size Large/19.5″ frame. V3
    Full compression of a 215/64mm shock so ought to bottom out further (been through 2 leaking** 216x63mm monarchs now, got an rp23 cheap now)
    It is however VERY tight with a 2.4″ Schwalbe. I think it’ll catch once its rattling about.
    A 2.25″ maxxis is tight been seems to have enough clearance
    A 2.0″ Spesh storm has plenty of room

I have however attacked it with a file or two
    A half round file I’ve worked in an indent at the front so it can bottom further toward the seattube. Have gone almost right through the plastic, but not quite. That helps quite a bit
    I’ve chopped the molding pip thing out from the underside and filed some material out around the underside edge where the tyre catches
    I’ve used the frame tape supplied in a few layers to pad the guard up from the frame a little
    What I shouldn’t have done is to chop a chunk from the guard where the 5th hole back was on the left side to accomadate the brake hose cable-tie guide
    I reckon if I’d sat the guard onto the further back of the brake hose mounts on the left side and built it up the same on the right, then it’d get the guard plenty out the way enough
    The other ‘minor’ thing would be that I haven’t actually ridden it yet … just full compression tinkering to fit it.
    Also, come to think of it I’ve only tried it in the progressive rocker link position, not the coil position

slackalice
    Free Member

Perhaps a friendly email to Mudhugger, rather than a shout out on a public forum?

To counter, the front and rear Mudhugger’s I have fitted to my winter HT are quite simply the best and most effective guards I have used. Ever. In decades of wet off-road biking. No more mud-sprayed Camelbak 🙂 And the front guard protects the fork stanchion’s really well too.

10/10, VG and lots of house points 😀

jam-bo

Could do with a rear one for my hardtail if you want to flog it on Cheapo

patriotpro
    Free Member

Not fit for purpose, send it back…

rob-jackson
    Free Member

It now fits fine with a 10*8cm slot cut out so that it fit round the seat tube on full compression

crush83
    Free Member

Message them through their FB page. They are always active and very helpful!

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Why would i, it is sorted?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘PSA Mudhugger DOES NOT fit El Guapo’ is closed to new replies.