• This topic has 13 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by jimw.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • PSA – Lidl track pumps
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yep, cycling stuff at Lidl today, but the track pumps are worthy of their own PSA. In the packet they seem very solidly constructed, mostly metal and pretty chunky.
    For £4.99
    You really can’t say no…
    🙂

darkslider
    Free Member

Pretty happy with mine, I slunk in there yesterday evening as my local one quite often puts their deals out the night before. £4.99 for a solidly built metal track pump with a gauge is a bargain by anyone’s standards. Also bought a roadie top and a couple of other bits.

They’ve also got bike workstands in there that aren’t on the leaflet for (I think) £29.99. If I wasn’t so skint I had to be going into Lidl in the first place I might’ve picked one of them up too!

righog
    Free Member

I shall add one to my list for today, I did have one of the older plastic ones which was a bit carp, but Ok if used as a spare.

spooky_b329

Whilst we are on the subject of bargains…

Aldi still have some of their motorbike chains from last weekend. Buy two where the end links fit through each other (check as some don’t fit) and you can create a 1.8m long chain that will loop around a ground anchor or similar and a huge heap of bikes, all for £20. I wouldn’t trust it on a nice bike but for the rest of the heap it looks more than man enough.

unklehomered
    Free Member

I keep reading this thread title as ‘Lidl Pump Tracks’… imagining those wooden fit together kit jobbies, only very cheap and liable to kill people.

billyboulders
    Free Member

Hmm – track pumps look ok but the rest of the stuff in lidl is not up to the usual standard. Bought some lycra shorts and a gilet last year and was very impressed so went in last night to re-stock, the new shorts were very thin and a bizarre shape and the new gilet was also made from very poor quality material and the zip burst open when I tried it on-took it all back for a refund this morning. Very disappointing.

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

There are no bike stands. There’s a bike hoist.name the store

rhyswilliams3
    Free Member

Bought a track pump last year, seems okay!

Think its slowly giving up on me now though..

yodagoat
    Free Member

I bought one of those trach pumps a few years back and it fell apart within months. Still, only a fiver though.

mrmoofo

They are not very good. I have one, the clamp on the vale end grips the value very tightly – and won’t let go. A Joe Blow is heaps better

patriotpro
    Free Member

The Track Pump i bought last year was worth about -£3 (yep, minus).

It clamped on to the valve and the only way to get it off was to rip off and take the valve with it. I’m just glad it happened in my cellar and not at in trail-head car-park.

If they have rectified the design then i’ll wait for the feedback, otherwise my advice would be to stay well clear, even for a fiver.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

my advice would be to stay well clear, even for a fiver.

Bum, wish I’d seen that before my trip to Lidl a few minutes ago….

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Track pump complete crap. As above, nearly tears valve off. Mine sucked out the air on the up stroke, and the handle came off the second time I tried to use it. Worth a punt if they are hit and miss quality as they seem to do returns with no issues (have had a few random bargains and ended up returning them) but the pump was a low point. 12 quid HRM still going strong 18 months on.

jimw
    Free Member

I bought one last year, looks the same as the one on their site now, still going strong, no problems at all getting head off valves. I was about to recommend but after seeing above posts? Quality control issues perhaps?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Lidl track pumps’ is closed to new replies.