Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • PSA: Lidl bike kit – Monday 22nd
  • s
    Free Member

For all us cheapskate lovers.

Usual stuff, rain jackets, jerseys, cheap lights plus more socks….

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/SID-9F8CF579-C2FA50D0/lidl_uk/hs.xsl/index.htm

cp

If any one plans to use the shoes with cleats then I recommend you stay well away – the cleat screws on mine literally tore the (very) thin metal mounting plate… result – shoe stuck in pedal as just rotated around remaining bolt rather than unclipping… could have been very lethal, but thankfully I was going very slowly and already unclipped the other foot…

soma_rich
    Free Member

Ahhh Lidl Socks I was down to my last pair 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    headfirst
    Free Member

I've been after an insulated bottle…nice one.

nbt

My Lidl shoes are alright, the laces are crap and so's the velcro strap but the sole's nice and stiff. For a "spare" pair it's worth grabbing some

s
    Free Member

the cleat screws on mine literally tore the (very) thin metal mounting plate

tbh, mine did the same after 3-4 rides as well, the socks are good though 🙂

slugwash
    Free Member

To paraphrase cp, don't put your faith in the Lidl's cycling shoes if you fit cleats. The same thing happened to two pairs of mine. They're fine without the cleats (although they don't grip well on flats) but fit the cleats and you'll be throwing them away in a fortnight!

And don't mention Lidl's compass/altimeter watches 'cos I've gone through two of them in less than a month, but as they say 'buy cheap, buy twice'.

Mind you, their trekking socks, kitchen roll & red grape juice are all well worth the money.

InjuredLamb
    Free Member
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Lidl bike kit – Monday 22nd’ is closed to new replies.