Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • PSA Lee Quarry Trail Head Planning Application Submitted
  • stumpyjon

For those of you local who use Lee Quarry the trail head planning application has finally gone in. I’ve just written up most of the detail over on http://www.pmba.org.uk if you’re interested.

Looks pretty good and still hoping to open by Summer next year, should make a big difference to a visit to the quarries.

kelvin

Thanks

project
    Free Member

Looks good, just whats needed in the area.

mintimperial

Looks ace! 🙂

chorlton
    Free Member

Read this in the local comic. Excellent news and great to hear Ride On being involved. Didn’t realize the local bridleways were being properly upgraded as well rather than the usual “chuck some gravel on it” approach.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Excellent news. Somewhere warm and dry to get changed when the Lee Quarry microclimate does its worst to you!

johnellison
    Free Member

Didn’t realize the local bridleways were being properly upgraded as well rather than the usual “chuck some gravel on it” approach.

Well if they are, it’s to be hoped that they aren’t going to be sanitised to the point of ruination, as seems to be the trend.

Northwind

Looks good!

stumpyjon

John, I’ve written up some stuff on the improvements to Deerplay Moor here seems to be getting good feedback, definitely not your usual smother it in road planings approach.

rockhopperbike

excellent- whens the retracting roof for the quarry and the uplift coming!?

binners

Hang on a minute. Thats all well and good, but what about the chairlifts up to Cragg?

stumpyjon

binners

just after the gondola service to Lee opens.

hora
    Free Member

Fantastic news. Have the MX’er’s gone now?

Northwind

Wonder if they could divert some of this funding into Northwind-compatible signage so I don’t get lost next time!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

How can you get lost at LQ??? its tiny!

Unless you mean getting lost en-route to LQ then in that case i quite understand, you’re too busy avoiding the dribbling, shambling zombies that comprise the local population!
    I live just over the hill so this is great news.
    Take a lock though as the locals are known for a liking of shiny things..

stumpyjon

They signed up the approach roads a while ago, the in trail signage is a bit pants. It is really easy to miss the trail as there are so many options. Signage to Cragg is also a little difficult to figure out as well.

Northwind

The road signage to get there was good til you get close, then just seemed to vanish. But the trail signage is poor. Ended up back at the start at one point, then you seem to just have to guess that the red carries on past the 3 short descents in the skills loops, though there’s nothing I saw to suggest that. And I only found part of the black by riding past a “no entry” sign.

It’s not just me, honest!

jaymoid

I love Lee Quarry. This is great news.

I have also got lost/gone the wrong way on the trails, partly due to lack of signage, and partly due to me being all kinds of dumb.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘PSA Lee Quarry Trail Head Planning Application Submitted’ is closed to new replies.