Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • PSA. It's valentines day tomorrow, the garage may still be open.
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Just in case you’ve forgot…..

fatalbert
    Free Member

Wife working away, so interflora bouquet and a heart balloon going to be delivered to her works tomorrow. If no one knows they do more than just flowers, they now deliver gifts like chocolates and hampers, bit pricey but a few clicks and your in the good books 🙂

yossarian
    Free Member

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    I have a gun
    Get in the van

My missus is away with work tomorrow evening so a local florist somewhere in the midlands will be winging a big bunch of flowers her way.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

We don’t ‘do’ Valentines. Never have really.

Cougar

Surely that’s the best thing about valentines?

bikebouy
    Free Member

MrsBouys away slogging her pretty little heart out, I shall be on the bike again, Valentines for us will be at the weekend.

twoniner
    Free Member

Valentines for us will be at the weekend.

Same here, work away all week and not home till the weekend. sent a card though, that will keep her happy till then!

matt_outandabout

mrs_oab and mini_oab tribe are 400miles south of me, so the weekend will be ‘valentine’.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Say it with flowers.

Send her a Triffid

bigyinn
    Free Member

Got a card and perhaps a rose. Doubt I’ll get more than **** all.

Drac

Never bothered with it.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Have bought a Hoover for my wife 🙂

toppers3933
    Free Member

never have bothered with it. need to nip to sainos so will pop in there on the way home tomorrow and have a laugh at all the blokes buying the shit leftover flowers.

LoCo
    Free Member

ERRRRR 😳 still working, going to say the special handmade arty card is at work, which it is, kind of 😉
    Extra flowers and things in the evening

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I have a first date tomorrow, cutting a fine line between nothing and too much….

bearnecessities

cutting a fine line between nothing and too much

Turn up on a white horse with an engagement ring between your teeth.

Today I drove a few miles to just north of Harrogate to get something from the village where we got engaged 2 years ago. Random, but as we’re on an house-deposit-economy-drive, she wanted me to just “pick a flower” on Valentines Day. Unfortunately, that was not said at her sharpest moment, as there isn’t a large selection of flowers to pick at this time of year in West Yorkshire. To make it a bit special for her, I thought I’d pick one from somewhere that meant something to us both.

After driving around various lanes in this village, getting strange looks from people that saw me circling over and over again staring at verges, walking into some village shop and firstly asking “Do you sell flowers?” and when being told “No”, then following up with “Do you sell trowels?”, I eventually found and dug out, with my bare manly hands and my trusty Victorinox, a small bunch of snowdrops with roots intact.

I repaired the area which I’d defaced, and then spent most of the next 4 hours stuck in Leeds, which having being originally covered in snow, was now the largest ice rink in Europe. Complete with some snowdrops in a McDonalds coffee cup and a penknife covered in mud and still with blade exposed in the passenger footwell, I just felt waves of calm Valentines Day love wash over me.

I got home, with my best ‘care-free’ face on, to find the other half having some sort of mental breakdown in a kitchen that looked like it had been used by a primary school cooking lesson.

We’ll learn…

midlifecrashes

Just had a lovely delivery of Rose’s. With a lovely free ceramic bowl thrown in too. Does that count?

Had to pay for them myself, mind.

alex222
    Free Member

no one loves me; because I am such a loser.

Blackhound

We don’t bother but I have sent Mrs B this link:

Sammy

GrahamS

Roses are Red,
    Violets are Blue,
    I’ve got Alzheimer’s,
    Cheese on Toast

alex222
    Free Member

Happy communist martyrs day. Will you be my communist martyr?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘PSA. It's valentines day tomorrow, the garage may still be open.’ is closed to new replies.