Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • PSA ish Tubeless sealant
  • howsyourdad1
    Free Member

just discovered one of my spare Reverb syringes screws perfectly into a presta tyre valve so I can inject sealant in throught the valve without removing the tyre.

Everyone probably knew that but not I!

Happy new year al!

curvature
    Free Member

Nice one

welshfarmer

Not known. Nice tip (y)

timidwheeler

Cheers,
    That’s useful

legend
    Free Member

On the last day of the year this forum finally delivers! Good tip!

honourablegeorge

Neat, nice one.

Am guessing the syringe is useless for reverb purposes afterwards?

duckers
    Free Member

One to add to this – merlin have Fenwicks airtight at £7.99 instead of £20, never used it but apparently it’s quite highly rated.

Del

err, yeah, you probably don’t want to go mixing hydraulic fluid and latex.

Northwind

Reverb uses mineral oil, fwiw.

The normal option is just to get one of hte wee Stans bottles and cut the tip down slightly so that it slides over a presta valve.

dvatcmark
    Free Member

Anyone know what size bottle the Fenwick’s sealant is on merlin

duckers
    Free Member

500ml, just turned up today 🙂 It includes a tube and measuring pot for filling but no syringe.

Looking at the instructions it’s 100ml per tyre so that will get you about 5 tyres worth.

You might have you add £2 postage if you’re ordering just that.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Got a new reverb under warranty and they sent its with a bleed kit I don’t need , so yes one syringe is now exclusively for sealant use, no mixing of oil and sealant.

If you buy the large bottles in bulk it’s really useful for getting it in the tyre. Syringe even has ml written on the side

hamishthecat
    Free Member

If you get the syringes with the threaded nozzle – e.g. from an agricultural merchants then you can just screw plastic tube on that which just pushes on with a twist over the presta valve.

belugabob
    Free Member

If you take the valve core out, you can use a wider range of syringes – and avoid getting sealant in the valve core.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘PSA ish Tubeless sealant’ is closed to new replies.