Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • PSA: iPhone & Mac OS Mapping (Beta testers wanted)
  • druidh
    Free Member

I've been a user of the Anquet products for a wee while now and they've just sent out a wee email saying that they're releasing iPhone and Mac versions….

IPHONE AND MAC BETA TESTERS REQUIRED

Very soon, we will launch our new Apple iPhone and Apple Macintosh versions of Anquet.

We are of course very excited about this development, bringing the ease of Anquet and access to Ordnance Survey and other maps to these excellent platforms. You can view some screenshots on our website.

Our new iPhone and Apple Macintosh products are currently going through final internal testing, and we now wish to extend our testing to some external beta testers. If you would be interested in helping out then please see the details of our Anquet Maps Apple Beta Test Program.

More details (incl screenshots) here

peteimpreza

Thanks for the heads up.

CountZero

They're a tad late with this, I downloaded Outdoor this week onto my iPhone which gives me full OS mapping with route generation and a lifetime upgrade licence. It will be interesting to see how this compares, although the fact it seems to run on the Mac desktop may well give it the edge. Depends on whether it runs on PowerPC Macs as well as Intel ones; I'm not buying a brand new Mac when my PowerBook is still working just fine, just to run Anquet. Still, thank deity someone has made the leap onto the Mac/iPhone platform, it's been far too long in coming.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘PSA: iPhone & Mac OS Mapping (Beta testers wanted)’ is closed to new replies.