Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • psa: Interesting article on pinkbike about intense heat treating their frames…
  • Ewan
    Free Member

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/To-the-Point-Heat-Treating-Aluminum-Frames.html

Lots of engineering detail (well some at least!).

compositepro
    Free Member

The only interesting part was they bought the Ht oven we designed at Mc

br
    Free Member

There alignment bench makes my 1/2″ steel topped one look like a childs’.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Comedy comments regarding alignment

toys19
    Free Member

This is an excellent article, his explainations of the effects of heat treatment are the best I’ve seen for a while without getting technical or using jargon.

Also nice to know that if you sent a frame back for repair they would re-heat treat it. This would be much harder to achieve if your manufacturing operation was on a different continent..

mildred

Also nice to know that if you sent a frame back for repair they would re-heat treat it. This would be much harder to achieve if your manufacturing operation was on a different continent..

I saw an almost identical article to this some years ago, but about Orange. I think it may have been the article where Chipps welded a frame. I know a couple of people who have cracked their Orange frames, and always wondered why they couldn’t offer a repair service that brought the frame back to strength via heat treatment. It would be nice to know their take on this, particularly in light of the expense of replacing a broken frame.

I’m a bit of an Orange Fanboi, but I can’t help thinking there’s a certain degree of reluctance because it results a new frame sale. I’m not saying this is right or wrong but a repair option would be nice.

theendisnigh
    Free Member

That really is interesting. Cheers.

eshershore
    Free Member

now that Intense have brought their heat treating ‘in house’, are we going to see an end to the absolutely shocking mis-alignment we have seen on many of their VPP frames for the previous seasons?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘psa: Interesting article on pinkbike about intense heat treating their frames…’ is closed to new replies.