Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • PSA: houffalize mtb world cup coverage
  • donsimon
    Free Member

http://www.redbull.com
    My mate José has just passed on a link that has all you’ll need for following this weekend’s racing.
    ¡Que vaya con suerte macho!

redfordrider
    Free Member

Bump

donsimon
    Free Member

Sighting lap from the boys at Wild Wolf Trek.
    [video]http://vimeo.com/40320181[/video]
    Commentry in Spanish. Circuit looks good and the main worry seems to be if it’ll rain or not.

andytherocketeer

The XC eliminator was kind of interesting. Think it still needs a bit of tweaking, maybe finish line bit further up the street to force a sprint to the line, and maybe some more optional lines (like in both XC and 4X).

Anyone know if the 4X protour thing is online anywhere, live or otherwise? PinkBike is claimed to be a media partner, but there’s naff all about it on their site.

redfordrider
    Free Member

On now at http://www.redbull.com . Amazing how much track you can fit into a small hillside. Can’t wait to see the men tackle the DH sections

atlaz
    Free Member

Oh shit. I’m about 45 mins drive from there. Should have gone.

redfordrider
    Free Member

atlaz -the men’s race is at 14:00 CET and will last for about 90 min. You could still make it. Looks like a great course for spectators.

granny_ring

Thanks OP enjoyed watching the end of the womens race.
    It look like a great and steep course even watching it on the laptop

redfordrider
    Free Member

Men’s race on now.

atlaz
    Free Member

Holy shit that looks scary in places

donsimon
    Free Member

Nice line… 😀

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Jesus!

Deserves to win just for taking that line

redfordrider
    Free Member

Skills!

donsimon
    Free Member

Just think what they could do with a 160mm FSusser and a lowered seat…

redfordrider
    Free Member

Ouch!

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

kulhavy going backwards ….

redfordrider
    Free Member

Nice foot work.

donsimon
    Free Member

That’s it, check the bike…. No rider error there, oh no, no rider error. 😈

donsimon
    Free Member

😯

redfordrider
    Free Member

Absalon is a machine.

flipiddy
    Free Member

Loving this. Excellent coverage. Looks like a bloody hard course to ride too… Either up … Or down…

donsimon
    Free Member

AWESOME.

atlaz
    Free Member

I was thinking I might go up there for a ride one weekend. After seeing that on TV, I might be reconsidering 😛

Kuco

LOL you would have thought the Cannondale riders had won 🙂

redfordrider
    Free Member

Great race!

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Great race, very cyclo-cross like with such a tight course in such a small area. Good coverage as well.

Top 20 for Emil, yeah!

muddyground
    Free Member

http://muddyground.blogspot.co.uk/#!/2012/03/my-klein-mantra-in-belgium-ardennes.html

You Singletrack people out there should give Belgium a go. There’s some great trails out there, not only Houffalize but following the hills up to La-Roche or Spa. Not only that but the road between Houffalize and La-Roche really is a blast if you’ve a motorbike or Caterham type vehicle……

The trails are often well marked; a kind of mix between natural and trail centre riding. Plus the food and beer is way better than we get here. Often you can follow the route of a big XC event weeks afterwards [160km for the brave] as they lay down chalk markers – and some of their routes are very creative.

Just be warned that after 6pm in some areas it is hunting season, so wear bright colours.

Big hills, creative routes, good beer. Job done.

n.b. for some reason the link goes to my blog and not to the Belgium bit – apologies for this as it is not my intention to direct you there! Sorry but for the Belgium bit you’ll have to scroll down. 😕

flipiddy
    Free Member

LOL you would have thought the Cannondale riders had won

Lol@the macho hugs to celebrate. One of the riders (italian?) didn’t look entirely comfortable…

Alejandro
    Free Member

Those climbs looked absolutely brutal. There were a few moments where they fimed it directly side-on and it was just like riding up a wall. Great races from both the women and men. It was a strange course, completely different to Pietermaritzburg. The landscape looked post-apocalyptic and the entire track was composed of this rough singletrack up and down.

Anyone else notice Absalon was on some new SIDs? Sorry, someone had to mention the equipment!

donsimon
    Free Member

Just watched the ladies…. They’re not too shabby either, are they?

redfordrider
    Free Member

Imagine if it rained! 😯

donsimon
    Free Member

There’d have been ONE huge pile up at the matress. 😆

atlaz
    Free Member

muddyground – don’t suppose you have any maps etc of the area. With it only 45 mins away, it’s worth a drive for me I think. Local singletrack is good but finding new stuff can’t hurt at all.

muddyground
    Free Member

Hi Atlaz,

The local tourist offices do the maps, plus there’s good old Google. There’s not too much off-piste riding due to the nature of the land; it did defeat Hitler after all. There are a few good loops between Houffalize and Petit Marmont. Gets a good few German riders on mega light hard tails, but really a 120mm Susser would be ideal. The town can be closed Friday afternoons and Monday mornings though, so take provisions. La-Roche has more loops, and I found it a better riding experience. Also a bigger town so more to do there itself. The whole area I found excellent and better than Wales.

45 mins away? Lucky, lucky you.

Oh, one proviso; lights. Even mid summer you need them after 5pm as those wooded valleys get really dark.

There are bike shops, but they cater for the hire trade so are very basic.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘PSA: houffalize mtb world cup coverage’ is closed to new replies.