Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • PSA: Helmet cam bargain at Aldi
  • BoardinBob

I know bugger all about them so I can't say if it's good or bad but a quick google indicates that Aldi are selling at half the price you'd pay elsewhere

http://aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/2827_12511.htm

goog
    Free Member

PSA – they're crap !

BoardinBob

Ach well, never mind.

Northwind

Just in case- yup, totally crap. Horrible rolling shutter defects so you get the dreaded wobbly picture. All the ATCs do it, even the new 3.5 and 5K which cost a packet and come with more bells and whistles- they've still got the same schoolboy error failure. Ah well.

redthunder
    Free Member

Are they really that bad ?

Wont bother then.

Northwind

Hang on, I've got a vid somewhere…

This is what it looks like when it goes wrong:

Doesn't do that all the time but it does it often enough. I thought at the time it was interference or vibration, but then I realised it was still doing it when parked 😳

When it works, it's OK:

Not quite as good as a Helmet Hero Wide but not bad for £60. But you can't rely on it, which just makes it a gigantic pain in the arse

Crell
    Free Member

I had one (from costco)- it went back. Utter crap on a bike.

nasher
    Free Member

THe bset way at the mo (other than solid state HD) is a digital video tape one with a decent headcam (sony or RF concepts)

Excellent quality even on a 50+inch TV screen and good on youtube also

Northwind

Yeah, but quite bulky, multiple power supplies, and wires everywhere. I used to use a seperates system (a Vio bullet cam, seperate mics, and a solid state recorder) on the motorbike as I could leave it permanently wired in and run it off the bike's battery, but I couldn't be doing with all the cabling and seperate power supplies for mtb use. Not when a Helmet Hero gives passable quality in a single unit.

Helmet Hero HD or Countour HD will hopefully drop in price soon, seperates will still have some advantages but it's hard to beat that simplicity once it also brings with it good quality video.

duntmatter
    Free Member
    andrewh
    Free Member

In the big ring there Northwind?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Helmet cam bargain at Aldi’ is closed to new replies.