Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • PSA? – headphones for jestsetting stationery moguls
  • scaredypants

amazon flogging sony mdr1000x for £180

that’s a lot but supposedly they’re great and RRP is 300+

(camelcamel thinks it’s a genuine reduction on amazon)

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

That’s a great deal. I paid £300 for mine this summer.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

🙂

£20 cheaper than John Lewis. Not bad.

If I didn’t already have QC35s, I’d be buying some.

Ewan
    Free Member

Are they fragile? Do they work as well as the QC35?

I’ve got a couple of long flights coming up…

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

There are reports of some cracking. Mine haven’t in 4 months of use, but then I treat them like something I paid £300 for. If you’re going to throw them about your mileage may vary..

Ewan
    Free Member

Apparently it’s a limited range of serial numbers. I’ve just bought them, was considering the QC35s and these seem nearly as good for a lot less. Thanks OP!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

My QC35s are over a year old, and get used a lot. One long haul monthly at least. Not cheap, but very good.

DirtyLyle
    Free Member

I own the Sonys and have you previously owned the QC35s. The noise cancelling is better on the Sonys, by a fair margin, and the sound quality is very nearly as good as the Bose. Overall I’d say they’re a touch better.

There have been some issues with the arms snapping, but for me they’ve been much more reliable than any of the 3x different Bose headphones I’ve previously had.

Very good price that, too.

tomhoward

Not Black Friday related I don’t think, but AKG are doing £48 off the N60NC wireless, now £202 inc delivery on their site

stumpy01

A girl at work has got a pair of these & they are phenomenal.

I haven’t stuck a pair of noise-cancelling headphones on for many years, but tried these recently & was amazed how much irritating office hum they cut-out.

If I had £180 going spare, I’d be buying a pair.

RichPenny
    Free Member

AKG C50BT are a good deal at £70. Identical to the Y50BT and at least £20 cheaper, so £70 for a £150 pair of cans 🙂

MrSmith
    Free Member

10% at quidco for currys headphones and bose qc25’s at £159

ben
    Free Member

Damn you scaredypants. 🙂

Top PSA, couldn’t say no

scuttler

Any thoughts or experiences on Sony MDR1000x at £190 vs Sennheiser HD4.50s at £145 that have been mentioned on STW before?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘PSA? – headphones for jestsetting stationery moguls’ is closed to new replies.