Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • PSA Guy Martin injured in crash in IOM TT Senior race
  • Curly68
    Free Member
    konabunny
    Free Member

Jesus, that bike!

FWIW, the fact that people move close to a noise nuisance after it's already been running -> doesn't mean that it's not a noise nuisance (or law or in fact).

STATO
    Free Member

FWIW, the fact that people move close to a noise nuisance after it's already been running -> doesn't mean that it's not a noise nuisance (or law or in fact).

No, just makes them fricking idiots.

br
    Free Member

Shame it doesn't work with Heathrow…

And believe it or not Donnington Park has a noise restriction too, and you can't even hear the MotoGP bikes when a plane is taking off.

sv

Pic of Guy Martin's bike after the crash.

Fenwicks and water then a bit of buffing that'll be good as new 😯

Rear wheel missing too, mmm.

Edric64
    Free Member

Rear wheel missing too, mmm.

I expect a scouser stole it

Northwind

konabunny – Member

"FWIW, the fact that people move close to a noise nuisance after it's already been running -> doesn't mean that it's not a noise nuisance (or law or in fact)."

That's correct. It should mean it's their problem though. But apparently not.

hora
    Free Member

Healing vibes from me 🙂

cbrsyd
    Free Member

upuplink – Member

That's bollox

Most small mistakes are punished by a slower time [just like on a short circuit] – the racers are making mistakes all the time – the good ones make less
    I couldn't even begin to count the number of mistakes the average racer would make on a lap of the island – it's a lot
    The best[sic] riders no longer race at the TT because it isn't part of the World championship any more & usually clashes with a MotoGP
    Besides, good short circuit riders often don't make good road racers & vice versa – it's a totally different way of riding
    link

You can't seriously be saying the TT is no more dangerous than short circuit racing? Lose the back end or run wide on the Island and there is a good chance you will hit something very solid, do the same on a short circuit and there's a good chance you will not hit anything. And it's the stopping very quickly that hurts, not the falling off.

uplink
    Free Member

You can't seriously be saying the TT is no more dangerous than short circuit racing?

er no – as quoted – I was replying to your exaggerated claim that "One small mistake has far greater consequences than on short circuits" by pointing out that most small mistakes have exactly the same consequences.
    You make it sound like misjudging the grip level or missing a braking point will have you instantly carted off by the ambulance or the undertaker.
    Maybe you're just trying to make your statements sensational – I dunno –
    but to give the impression that every little mistake could easily be your last is just bunkum, plain & simple

Of course it's more dangerous than a short circuit – no one claims it isn't

I've raced a good few laps of the mountain circuit & must have made many mistakes
    There are places where you wouldn't want to make mistakes or push the limits of braking or use every inch of available tarmac etc. so you adjust your riding to suit.

uplink
    Free Member

PSA for those of you that appreciate road racing

There's a John McGuinness profile on ITV4 @15:00 today

adeward
    Free Member

i ran the ohlins race service at the TT in the late 80's and worked with foggy hislop etc,, as well as a lot of privitears,, and their attitude was yes it's sad when someone dies but that is risk they accept when they race , especialy on the island,,
    i found it was the punters who were the bigger problem , it seemed when threw their bike up the road, it seemed someone else would come off worse, when collected by flying bikes ,

but saying that it was a fantastic place to work for two weeks every year,, long days up for early morning practice then spend the rest of the day rebuilding shocks and especialy steering dampers ,, mosy steering dampers just explode with either over heating or excessive pressure

cbrsyd
    Free Member

uplink – Member

You can't seriously be saying the TT is no more dangerous than short circuit racing?

er no – as quoted – I was replying to your exaggerated claim that "One small mistake has far greater consequences than on short circuits" by pointing out that most small mistakes have exactly the same consequences.

Perhaps I shouldn't have used the word small, would medium sized or big mistake have done?
    The fact is the consequences of coming off in the Island are far more serious than on a short circuit. Some people think that's a risk they are prepared to take, fair enough I wouldn't try and stop anyone doing what they wanted. I was talking about the balance of risk.

I think that balance is acceptable on short circiuts but I don't think it is anymore at the TT.

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

Ade,that sounds like a great job.Any good on Fox forks?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I think that balance is acceptable on short circiuts but I don't think it is anymore at the TT.

So it's a good job that people like you don't get their own way then.

The TT exists. It happens. It carries on. Get over it.

Riders race there because of what it is – The fastest, most glorious race in the world. They know the dangers. The spectators know the dangers, but stll they keep coming. What's not 'acceptabe' to one person is a dream, an achievement, a pinnacle to another. As I posted on another thread, the TT is the last baston of all that's insane. The most incredible racing on the most fantasic race circuit in the world. Bar none. I for one am glad it exists. I'm glad it's existance annoys people. That's why I'm going back next year. You either understand. Or you don't 🙂

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

so a stw ride out to next years tt?

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

😯

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

Anyone found any footage of Guy's crash?? Im gutted Hes my Hero..

toys19
    Free Member

PP shock horror, I agree with your sentiment exactly. Gotta be a first time for everything.

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

PeterPoddy – Member

So it's a good job that people like you don't get their own way then.

The TT exists. It happens. It carries on. Get over it.

Riders race there because of what it is – The fastest, most glorious race in the world. They know the dangers. The spectators know the dangers, but stll they keep coming. What's not 'acceptabe' to one person is a dream, an achievement, a pinnacle to another. As I posted on another thread, the TT is the last baston of all that's insane. The most incredible racing on the most fantasic race circuit in the world. Bar none. I for one am glad it exists. I'm glad it's existance annoys people. That's why I'm going back next year. You either understand. Or you don't

Well said. The incidious creep of health and safety naziism depresses the hell out of me. Life is to be lived. Not sat in a chair worrying about what if's.

grahamt1980

Lobby….. Is that real? Fooking hell

hug
    Free Member

Long may the TT continue, and hopefully with Guys name on at least one of the cups, Get well soon mate.

konabunny
    Free Member

The incidious creep of health and safety naziism depresses the hell out of me.

How do you feel about the rising tide of hyperbole that will inevitably lead to our slow, painful death at the hands of goddamn, dirty apes?

lobby_dosser
    Free Member
Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘PSA Guy Martin injured in crash in IOM TT Senior race’ is closed to new replies.