Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • PSA, Goretex keks.
  • mrbelowski
    Free Member

I’ve got a 33inch inside leg and 32 – 34 inch waist (depending on my beer / pie consumption that week and how badly I need a shit). The medium is fine around the waist (like iain I’ll have to pull the draw cord slightly) but a bit too long in the leg. Neither will be a problem for dead-of-winter fat bike bimbles, but they’re a bit too generous for regular ‘normal’ riding.

If I were you I’d probably go for small

Actually, the label on my mediums says 85cm leg, 84cm waist and 100cm seat, so I guess the size is a bit random

wl
    Free Member

iain – cheers, useful info.
    mrbel – cheers to you too, and for the free laugh at the needing a shit bit.

nuke

Yep useful info from iain and mrbel…going to take a punt on the small at 31″ waist & leg (well jean size) and see how we go

iain1775
    Free Member

Looking at their size chart in the 5&c’s looks like despite ordering medium they have sent me a large, long leg
    Will email them tomorrow to see about exchanging

andyl
    Free Member

The Royal Navy Goretex jackets on the wholesale link looked pretty good. Shows you how much profit sports manufacturers are making on Goretex too. My last Musto jacket was £100 reduced from £250. There is 5 there for £100 + vat

bigjim

yeah I ordered some socks too, listed at size 9-13 and they say 5-8.5 on them. balls.

iain1775
    Free Member

response on sizing –

Dear Sir

Thanks for the email.

Normally you would be correct, however the RAF trousers for some unknown reason, are sized differently to all our Military trousers.

They are sized as follows – 80 waist – 94 Waist – 106 Waist

As a result you were sent the most appropriate size, as the size below would not be appropriate.

following my email –

I placed the below order earlier this week and received yesterday

On the T&C’s of your website it states trousers as being 84 or 88cm waist in a medium and 92/96 or 100cm large
    With 80cm regular leg length 85cm long

On this basis I ordered a medium
    The trousers received say on the label leg 85 waist 94 seat 110
    I therefore presume I have been sent what would be classified as a large

Is it possible to send back for an exchange to a pair nearer an 88cm waist and ideally regular leg
    I note on your T&C’s if returning I am responsible for both sets of postage, this would not seem fair if you have initially sent out the incorrect size
    Please advise

Pretty poor, had I known sizing was so different I never would have ordered any, now am faced with loosing 2 sets of postage to return (under their T&C’s I pay return postage and they don’t refund the initial postage
    Or I keep a too large pair of trousers!

mrbelowski
    Free Member

Yeah, that sucks. And the size I was sent is definitely 85 leg, 84 waist, 100 seat. These are the blue medium ones, so he’s either mistaken or simply doesn’t want to exchange them

Edit – these size numbers are actually from the label sewn into the trousers

jkomo

Medium fits my waist 32/34 but very long, gonna cut down anyhow.

wl
    Free Member

My small RAF ones seem good waist-wise (I’m 32″) but they’re very long. Quality seems fine for the dosh. Not exactly ideal having a bloody great hole in each side so you can access the pockets in your trousers underneath! Will chop them into shorts and give them a go but might have to sew/glue the holes closed or something.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Had dpd* rearrange postage for today.

Small fits my scrawny 29inch waist. Pocket holes… Pretty normal on water proof work trousers and I’ve not had a problem with them when walking as your jacket overlaps. on a bike they might require a bit of treatment to stop them gaping though. I got two pairs and a pair of softie trousers which i think I more excited about they are like perfect for post winter riding car packing or the ultimate lounge pants!

*legends.

nuke

Wl & josh…What size does it say on the packet for your small sizes?

Ordered a size small and it says 85 / 84 / 100 on the packet which sounds like a medium as per mrbel 😐

joshvegas
    Free Member

Nuke I sent you another reply.

I have two different smalls different leg lengths but significant different is touch one smoother than the other and slightly darker.

nuke

Thanks Josh

So you got 2 sets of small trousers and they came in at 75 / 74 / 90 and 80 / 74 / 90

Me and WL (Thanks WL for info also) ordered small and got 85 / 84 / 100 which is what MrBel got and he ordered medium, Iain ordered medium and got 85 / 94 / 110

Pretty crazy

iain1775
    Free Member

Their customer service is appalling
    Next email following the above conversation when I suggested they point out the sizing differences for the RAF pants on their website to avoid confusion was a simple one liner “they will still fit regardless”

Paid with Paypal so will see what they have to say

Err no they are massive!
    I wouldn’t recommend them to anyone

ton

their service is perfect.
    i ordered my trousers on a sunday teatime.
    they were delivered on tuesday morning.
    i ordered some altbergs on the tuesday afternoon
    they were delivered on the thursday morning.

WIN

nuke

I can’t fault their dispatch time and they use DPD which are generally regarded one of the better couriers but, to be fair Ton, its when things go wrong that you really find out how good a company’s customer service is imo and if I were Iain I’d be a little annoyed with their response too.

iain1775
    Free Member

Yep they deliver fast, I’ll give them that Ton but it seems like it’s pot luck what they deliver
    I little frustrated rather than annoyed, more the principle that to return them leaves me £9ish out of pocket on a £15 pair of pants, better off keeping them for occasional dog walking duties

Edric64
    Free Member

Wore my 15 quid Goretex overtrousers today .They are brilliant ,they turned up quickly .I`m a 34 waist with 36 inside leg .I bought a medium they are the right length but a little bit big in the waist (36) but pull in ok with the draw string

nuke

Took them a week to respond to my query re sizing and apparently i did get a ‘small’ size when i got 85 / 84 / 100. When i said i knew someone got 75 / 74 / 90 they said that was a ‘extra small’…no use to me though as there’s no option to order ‘extra small’ 😐

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Cheers for the tip. Picked up a Grade 2 RAF Gore Tex coat as well for £15 to wear on site. 3 layer Gore, zip out liner. Used (had name written in it) but I’d have sworn it has never been worn.

footstomper
    Free Member

Wore my Gortex over trousers for the first time on Tuesday (Very wet ride)and they did a fantastic job of keeping my shorts dry & clean 😀
    I cut them down to just below the knee as I didn’t want full length ones and they have plenty of room inside (waist 32″ & bought medium). when I got back to the pub it was a 30 second strip down and clean chair when I left, plus I didn’t have the missus on my case for causing mucky floors with dripping trousers when i got home.

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘PSA, Goretex keks.’ is closed to new replies.