Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • PSA: Gisburn Forest Sat 21/11/09 Mountain Rescue Exercise
  • tony_m
    Free Member

If anybody is planning to ride in Gisburn Forest on Saturday 21st November, you may wish to note the following from Neil Conway, Bowland Pennine MRT:-

I'd like to take this opportunity to let people know that the Bowland Pennine Mountain Rescue Team may be undertaking a training exercise in Gisburn Forest on Saturday 21st November.

The aims of the exercise are to simulate a number of possible scenarios involving mountain bikers that have got into difficulty in the forest. This may cover searching, administering first aid to the casualty and evacuating them to safety.

The exercise is being designed to minimise any impact on mountain bikers using the forest trails on the day, with access to all the newly developed sections being kept open for use.

Please bear in mind that there may be mountain rescue vehicles or team members on vehicle tracks throughout the forest.

Many thanks

Neil
    Bowland Pennine Mountain Rescue Team

I believe the casualty evacuation exercise is going to be carried out somewhere at the top of the forest in the region of Whelp Stone Crag, but off to one side of the bike trail. There may also be search exercises being carried out elsewhere in the forest, but again these should be clear of the active bike trails. However, Martin Colledge from the FC said today that it may be necessary to temporarily close a particular section of trail (the big-bermed gully for example) if the MRT wish to recce it on foot for future reference.

Best keep your eyes peeled just in case! 🙂

taka
    Free Member

id better not go then or they will proberly be doing it for real with my history 😉

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Gisburn Forest Sat 21/11/09 Mountain Rescue Exercise’ is closed to new replies.