Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • PSA – Giro helmets
  • fourbanger
    Free Member
    stevede
    Free Member

No not safer just better ventilated, newer versions of the fitment system and/or more aesthetically pleasing with regards to the construction of the outer. The Xen offers more coverage though so you could argue it’s safer (don’t start another helmet safety thread though ffs lol)

stevewhyte
    Free Member

I just got a Giro Indicator, and for the price i cant think there is a better helmet out there.

stevious

Thanks for this. Ordered!

cozz
    Free Member

i just bought one – a 54 quid one

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

If either of you have bought a Hex or similar then take the peak off and throw it away. In a couple of weeks it’ll be the first anniversary of me sliding on my face whilst wearing mine. The top of the peak dug into the ground like a plough, forcing the front into my mouth and then the underside of my nose as it flipped. Result, 12 stitches inside my mouth and another 6 or 7 under and inside my nose. Under local anaesthetic. On my birthday.
    The cause is the peak being fixed quite securely at the sides but not at all in the middle.

tang
    Free Member

!! hope you told giro. Feedback they need to know of.

continuity
    Free Member

Just a thought, but Fox Flux’s are £30 without any vouchers at CRC atm.

I dunno what one gains in safety from going from a £30 flux to a £70 xen, but I think I’d rather do that and spend the remainder on some tyres.

fbk
    Free Member

Horses for course I suppose. The Flux looks fine and is good value but doesn’t fit me at all. Giro helmets fit like a glove. I guess I’ve just got a posh head 🙂

user-removed
    Free Member

continuity – Member
    Just a thought, but Fox Flux’s are £30 without any vouchers at CRC atm.

Only if you want an extra small white helmet…. 🙄

iain1775
    Free Member

Oo-er missus user removed!

continuity
    Free Member

they had larges in white also when I looked

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Giro helmets’ is closed to new replies.