Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • PSA: FSA A V-Drive ATB Chainset Megaexo
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

For me to use as spares at his price!!

On one-one/Planet-X – £59.99 (Lazy below reminded me: If you use the code EM36EUROBIKE you should be able to get this for £52.99) – I bought it to store away for the Megaexo BB and chainrings for my K-Force crankset when they give up the ghost. The chainrings on their own are at least £70 !!

http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/CSFSVDMTB/fsa-a-v-drive-atb-chainset-megaexo

The chainring set is the same as the aftermarket CNC 7075 rings you can get around and about IME 🙂

thepodge
    Free Member

they've been trying to shift all that FSA stuff for years

foxyrider
    Free Member

Sorry I mean why not buy the bits as spare parts if you have mega-exo's already 🙂 Or use the chanrings on Shimano cranks 🙂

Lazymike
    Free Member

If you use the code EM36EUROBIKE you should be able to get this for £52.99.

Apologies if this doesn't work. I got an email from them today saying it would though.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Bu99er – I forgot to add the code from my email – cheers lazy 🙂 Edited my OP 🙂

Woody
    Free Member

Got a set last week and they are very fine indeed, perfect shifting, light, stiff and IMO look great. What more could you ask for?

Bargain !

foxyrider
    Free Member

yup – Even if the BB's dont last too long at that price who cares 🙂

bristolbiker
    Free Member

What more could you ask for?

IME, a BB that will last longer than a trip to the pub (but not the ride home) and chainrings that aren't made of cheese….

foxyrider
    Free Member

I have been running the K-forces now for 4 months – hard riding and still perfect!! Those chainrings esp in the summer last very well IMHO 🙂 BUt this is on a HT and I am 75Kg 🙂

Dangerboy
    Free Member

OK, daft question time.
    Can you use these with shimano bbs, or can you put the rings on a shimano crank?

foxyrider
    Free Member

rings have the same BCD as shimano cranks generally speaking

foxyrider
    Free Member

I have the same chainrings on my old LX crankset

Big-Dave
    Free Member

If you buy one just make you check the chain ring bolts for the inner ring regularly. If they come undone the inner ring tends to tear itself apart around the bolts that are still in place. They are pretty good quality however and fairly light.

foxyrider
    Free Member

cheers for the heads up Big Dave – got the K-force ones and seem to be OK so far 🙂

monotokpoint
    Free Member

I bought these a couple of months back as a temp solution until Middleburn get some stock in, but I'm not sure I'm going to bother changing now as this chainset has turned out to be pretty good!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘PSA: FSA A V-Drive ATB Chainset Megaexo’ is closed to new replies.