Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • PSA: Forestry Commision Sell-Off Petition and info
  • Christowkid
    Free Member

Dear All,
    Been sent an email from a friend, who has in the past carried out work for the FC as both professional and voluntary person.
    He’s sent this link for info and the petitions etc against the proposed sell off..

http://fctu.org.uk/saveourforests/index.asp

Item 3 is the petition against the sell off.
    I’m not ure if this info has been posted before, if so apologies.
    If not – sign the petition!
    cheers
    Q

druidh
    Free Member

I’m not ure if this info has been posted before, if so apologies.

* yawn *

Christowkid
    Free Member

Erm….. ???
    that was a genuine apology – don’t come here much at present, so not up on general gossip or current threads.
    Only trying to help here……….
    Q

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    flipiddy
    Free Member

Christowkid – Cheers. Not seen this particular link, so will check it out later.

druidh – Rather pointless response, no?

jamesb
    Free Member

Sad to say such a petition will not influence powers that be. Just look at what is going on generally, if the govt cannot take action (having previously agreed to) regarding these appalling bank bonuses (how exactly has RBS Hester earned his btw, share price lower tahn when he took over, last quarter another RBS loss??) then they don`t give a jot about public petitions reagrding selling off bits of FC land. Consider that if a fraction of bank bonus pot was taken away from 84% nationalised RBS then these sales of Fc land would be not required (as also other soft targets of cutting Natl Park budgets and cutting back on Natural england budgets too).

bigjim

Its good to keep this in the loop – its only some people who are on here all the time.

singletracksurfer

thanks, haven’t seen it before either (and I’m on here quite a lot)!

may not get the result we all want, but worth a try (minute of time).

Christowkid
    Free Member

jamesb: Yes I exepect you’re right, the whole world’s just gone silly at present.
    But – they are open to backsliding. A news article today locally saying they’ve just decided not to put in parking meters in a lot of local towns simply due to public opinion means there might be a chance. Might….!

Thanks for the thoughts guys, I’m a little bit out of the loop myself due to a bit of a sabatical, so genuinely don’t get on here like I have done, so really am not aware of current things going on.
    Also feeling a bit miffed. First weekend on a looooong while that I have the time for a ride; I haven’t got a cold; it’s not cold out there so the ice has gone ( living half way up a hill it matters ) and…..
    spent the whole weekend trying to undo/do up/swap chainrings whilst driving to and from bike shop several times, 10 miles away.
    What a waste of a weekend.Grrrr….
    hey ho
    take it easy
    cheers
    Q

Trekster

Was informed yrs ago that petitions of any kind are a waste of time and effort, seen as one document/complaint/protest apparently.

What is needed is every single person on here and elsewhere that is or has an interest to send in their own personal objection.

If someone could word and prepare a document we could all download, sign and ten send to the appropriate department that would be possibly be more effective.

Trimix
    Free Member

I agree that a petition is a waste of time, but TBH I dont see the sell off stopping you ride your bike.

The trails will still be there, people will still walk their dogs, ride bikes / horses etc.. The land is criss crossed with footpaths and bridleways, so our fun will still go on as it has for years.

Years before the internet and years before people pointed out you shouldnt ride on footpaths. We still ride on them and nothing has changed.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Forestry Commision Sell-Off Petition and info’ is closed to new replies.