Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • PSA for Curry-lovers
  • Stoner
    Free Member

If you've not heard of them yet, check out rafis: http://www.spicebox.co.uk/

They do mail order curry packs which will make up 1Kg of superb, authentic curry for about £4.00 + your meat cost. That's enough for 4-6 servings and you can freeze it if you only need a few servings at a time.

The packs have got all spices and fats you need, plus some dried fried onions – you just add some coconut milk, water or tin of tomatoes and then the bulk (can be potatoes etc. for veggies).

Great curries at home.

brant
    Free Member

Or alternatively, if you live in a vibrant multicultural area, go to the local supermarket and buy things there 😉

Stoner
    Free Member

multicultural

thats northern for "sheep live here too" isnt it?

chakaping
    Free Member

Why are multicultural areas always described as "vibrant"?

I live in a dreary multicultral area.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

They are excellent- I stock up everytime I go and visit me mum in York.

hora
    Free Member

brant you live in Todmorden!

Stoner, reread it. It doesnt read very apertising. Almost like cupofsoup? 😕

brant
    Free Member

brant you live in Todmorden!

I live in WALSDEN darling.

Nice curry ingredient shops in Rochdale, or Bradford, or Manchester (the Wing Yip store is ace).

Stoner
    Free Member

hora – about as far from cupasoup as possible.

When they arrive you freeze the packs as they are fresh mixes.

hora
    Free Member

I know I know. Stoner I wasnt declaring infatarda on your recommendation. Just the way it read to me 😉

http://www.ukpubfinder.com/pub/44330 Looks a nice booza'!

Davy
    Free Member

Just make your own curries. Much quicker than waiting for the postie to deliver your meal…

kinda666
    Free Member

I live in vibrant multicultural Wolverhampton!

Just gotta pop down the road, got everything I need! 🙂

Coyote
    Free Member

2nd what Brant said. Wing Yip is excellent, and cheap too!

aP
    Free Member

Much more fun to grind your own spices and sauces.

guitarmanjon
    Free Member

I've lived in York for the last 8 years and not tried Rafi's once! It's only a 5 minute walk from where I live at the moment so I've got no excuse. As I'm leaving York in September it'll go on my list of things to do before I go.

Where's this Wing Yip place in Manchester? I'll be moving there…

TheDoog
    Free Member

I live in WALSDEN darling.

My little lad keeps dragging me to Walsden, to Gordon Riggs, to look at the rows and rows of bizarre fish!! And the Chameleons with their 7 day guarantee!!!

But i agree that local stores have the best things for making your 'international' dishes. Apna Bazaar on Queens Rd in Halifax should be visited!!

brant
    Free Member

My little lad keeps dragging me to Walsden, to Gordon Riggs, to look at the rows and rows of bizarre fish!! And the Chameleons with their 7 day guarantee!!!

Gordon Riggs? No. You are mistaken. That's the Zoo.

😉

TheDoog
    Free Member

I think my lad thinks it is a zoo!! I also think he likes going up the valley cos that means a train ride, and that means a walk past Sowerby Bridge sweet emporium, they prob sell every sweet you ever remember as a kid!! That sounds like an ad doesn't it? but i am in no way associated with them at all!!

hora
    Free Member

brant, try this place next time you go shopping for ingredients/dual purpose:

http://www.restaurant-guide.com/ocean-treasure.htm

varzi
    Free Member

as the rafi's van is parked on my street everynight i assume the owner is one of my neighbours. never been, but heard it's very good indeed.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

"Why are multicultural areas always described as "vibrant"?

I live in a dreary multicultral area."

I prefer to refer to it as a multi segregated area.

Anyhow back to the point…why not just buy your own ingredients? £4 is alot of money just for the basic sauce!

Stoner
    Free Member

its not really a "sauce".

its a combination of all of the odd spices that you'd never find prepared as for a really good curry house.

Try it.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘PSA for Curry-lovers’ is closed to new replies.