Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • PSA Edinburghers heading to Glentress tonite
  • hels
    Free Member

Avoid Leadburn.

Finally something is being done about that intersection, but there will be many weeks of pain first. Tailbacks all way along the straight towards Auchendinny as far as the Howgate Inn, at 7pm last night. I waited 10 mins at 6.45 this morning, which was not too bad.

Suggest a left at the big 4 way intersection before Howgate, small roads that go along the top of the hill, eventually coming out on A703 just past the quarry.

Have fun !

stanfree
    Free Member

Cheers Hels , I think Ck and I will be heading down the granites road. Will be at the bottom car park between 7.15 and 7.30 If you fancy It . ?

rOcKeTdOg

i was in the Leadburn inn 1 week before that idiot drove his car into it 😯

hels
    Free Member

Cheers Stanfree – I’m tempted as riding around in mud and rain will be good practice for Dusk ’til Dawn this weekend, but the thought of having to wash the bike is putting me off ! Its soo clean….

I’m glad they are fixing that intersection there is an accident every month without fail, destroying the Leadburn Inn mind was quite a way to go out.

cynic-al
    Free Member

What are they doing to the intersection?

Any idea how long delays are predicted for?

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

No problems last night, got straight through at about 6.45pm

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Finally.

chriswilk
    Free Member

reports today say that the temp traffic lights are now gone.

hels
    Free Member

No contraflow this morning, but reports say the roadworks will be going for 6 weeks or so, might be a lull ? It’s not the much needed roundabout sadly just better lighting and changing all the islands or something there is a report on BBC scotland site.

What I reckon it needs is a GBFO sign telling people how to work right of way at intersections, that is what causes the problems. It’s scary on a motorbike had a couple of near misses turning right as person approaching turns in front of me as person behind decides they have room to pass me on the left. I stay well over to the right and out of trouble let them run into each other !

I just don’t trust drivers enough to do it properly so end up doing it wrong myself to stay alive.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘PSA Edinburghers heading to Glentress tonite’ is closed to new replies.