Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • PSA Edinburgh Fairmilehead – Attempted Garage Break-in
  • iwluap

A PSA for any bike riding residents in the Fairmilehead area – someone tried to break into our garage through the back door on Saturday evening. Tried and failed thankfully – not the most robust door, so quite possibly an incompetent thief.

We think they may have been after the bikes in the garage..? Maybe someone walking passed when the front garage door was open at some point? Or has spotted me on the bikes. Plus we have bike racks on the car.

I heard a noise around midnight but then it all went quite so thought it may have been a cat/fox up the garden fence. (Feel like an idiot now for not poking my heads through the window at the time.) Completely forgot about it until my wife went to go into the garage on Sunday afternoon and spotted the damage. Looks like someone tried to force open the door – it’s now splintered near the lock and the lock is damaged.

Police were called and all adjoining neighbours warned. Lock down & security measures have been put in place!

Anyway, just to let folk know to be vigilant around the neighbourhood.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Glad they never got anything, but they’ll probably be back. I was coming back into town yesterday on my HT with a mate, and a Beemer with two youngish lads in drove past, very slowly, and then went round the roundabout up the road before driving past slowly again, this time definitely checking out the bikes. Took a different route home after that, but has defo got me uneasy.

When you think about it, it’s really not difficult to follow us bikers home, whether the bike is being ridden or on a roof rack etc.

Bastards.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Worth getting an alarm on that door. Simple battery one will do, give them a right scare and wake you up if needs be.

iwluap

Bastards is one word you could use. It’s got my wife freaked out as well with having someone wandering around to the back of the house.

Door is now totally sealed up. No one is getting in through it at the moment. No one.

Like the idea of the alarm. Will check that out online. Ta.

dabble
    Free Member

Paint tins on a string, me thinks.

I think people should be able to defend their homes how they want. if some turd tries stealing off me, they better be prepared for the consequences.

ijs445ra
    Free Member

There was an attempt made to get into 3 Garages near me in Pilton, Edinburgh as well. Believed to be random/opportunist rather than targeting bikes in this instance but security stepped up on my door as well.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Like the idea of the alarm. Will check that out online. Ta.

Got one in maplins, simple PIR alarm with a keypad, battery powered, 120db alarm. works well.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Glad they didn’t get anything, out of interest how many heads do you have?

lightman
    Free Member

Probably the same scum ~ more bikes gone.
    There is far to much of this going on around Edinburgh at the moment 🙁

iwluap

@lightman – that post is in my general area! The polis didn’t mention anything about a spate of bike thefts but you never know. Batten down the hatches I say and keep the buggers out! Will check out Maplin for alarms.

dazzlingboy

Had an attempted break in at our lockup in Marchmont just before Xmas. Didn’t get in but new door required. I think we were lucky.

NZCol

*adds secure bike storage to list of house requirements*

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘PSA Edinburgh Fairmilehead – Attempted Garage Break-in’ is closed to new replies.