Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • PSA: David Millar on Lance Armstrong affair, 5 live, 17:15
  • aracer
    Free Member

nm

aracer
    Free Member

On now!

soobalias
    Free Member

highlights for the “wire less”-ly disadvantaged?

jambalaya
    Free Member

I’m halfway through (55 mins of 120) the podcast of the 5Live “Cycling’s Dirty Secrets”. Very interesting so far, Tyler Hamilton having pretty much the same insights as I found in David Millar’s excellent book.

Hopefully this piece will find it’s way onto 5Live podcast download

blades2000
    Free Member

podcast here

edit sorry not the interview

aracer
    Free Member
    aracer
    Free Member
    Gary_M
    Free Member

Having just finished David Millars book I’m quite undecided about his anti doping stance. After he was caught doping he said to his sister ‘I wish I had a fast forward button.’ meaning he wanted to get the investigation over with, I found this very telling of his attitude as had I been so full of remorse I’d have wished for a ‘rewind button’.

aracer
    Free Member

Maybe he realises that there is no such thing as a rewind button. Of course there is no such thing as a FFWD button either, but that’s just about the speed at which things happen, not wishing for things to be different – he just appears to be wishing for it to be over quickly.

footflaps

There can also be a big difference between what’s written about / by someone and the actual truth – e.g. there’s an American cyclist I’ve heard of who apparently told a few porkies in his books….

DM Was happy to lie and cheat in real life, so I’d assume he has the same attitude to what he writes….

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘PSA: David Millar on Lance Armstrong affair, 5 live, 17:15’ is closed to new replies.