Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • PSA: Coppers at 9/C4
  • Brycey
    Free Member

The bully that was throwing the alcy up the street deserves the sack. The 9 officers stopping the father see his disabled son in the back of the Ambulance the other week need a roasting. I’m assuming the tall CID officer was playing to the camera and isn’t really such a tit in real life.

Otherwise great programme. 🙂

Woody
    Free Member

Obviously the little voice didn’t go off for them and I agree that they were probably steered and encouraged in certain directions – thus my comment.

There is no way I would allow myself to be filmed on that sort of basis, as I know of too many repercussions which have followed. This appears to be another case that proves the rule.

hora
    Free Member

Do you think last nights episode was edited? (i.e. tasty bits taken out)

binners

Everything is edited numb nuts.

You should see the unedited version of your life. Jesus Christ! Its enough to make you weep.

Oh…erm….

IanMunro
    Free Member

I cringed when I saw one of the coppers holding a Taser was wearing a power-balance band. Hopefully they give him the one with the flat battery to play with.

hora
    Free Member

Me and happy Binners 🙂

Theres the element of monotony of a shift etc- it showed that well but the comment that no Notts Fire Arms officers have ever fired/shot anyone.. well WOW.

Blackhound

Which one was our friend Mildred?

v8ninety

I think that it is very possible that the episode revisited the editing suite, following the reaction to previous episodes. It certainly seemed a little more ‘vanilla’ than previous episodes. Still enjoyed it though…

Binners, you knew what Hora meant; cheap shot. 😉

binners

I love him really. As you can see from our photo. That was at our civil ceremony last year.

The theme was Brokeback Mountain. Do you want me to post the full length shots, so you can see the leather chaps?

hora
    Free Member

The woman who explained away her drink/volume issues on being abused by both parents. I wonder if her parents are alive to defend themselves? It seemed almost like a throw away comment in a paragraph of excuses.

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

I do not want to see Hora’s chap.

mbr30
    Free Member

“the 9 officers stopping the father see his disabled son need a roasting”

Is that really how you saw it?!

The “father” was intoxicated and stopping the medical staff assessing his son’s condition after ringing for help in the first place. Once there, the emergency services had a duty of care and without the help of police on this occassion the father would have prevented his son from receiving treatment. He obviously disliked authority and was being completely unreasonable.

v8ninety

Binners; 😯 Mental image mind bleach required… 😆

hora
    Free Member

Is that really how you saw it?!

The “father” was intoxicated and stopping the medical staff assessing his son’s condition after ringing for help in the first place. Once there, the emergency services had a duty of care and without the help of police on this occassion the father would have prevented his son from receiving treatment. He obviously disliked authority and was being completely unreasonable.

Funny how he said he was a fulltime worker full of pomposity as though he was saying he was a taxpayer berating bad service….then added ‘Im a fulltime carer for him’.. 😆

slowoldgit
    Free Member

The father seemed to have issues in the programme I saw.

clubber
    Free Member

Someone close to me is very good friends with one of the cops you’ll have seen in some of the episodes. By all accounts, the Police aren’t too chuffed with the final editing and the rank and file are feeling a bit hard done by in the way a whole day’s filming may have been cut down to a single comment that taken alone doesn’t in any way represent what they really saw. Of course, I’d suggest that they’re very naive if they ever thought that TV was going to portray things fairly rather than in a way that would create interest/outrage/etc. By all accounts, the senior officers who sanctioned the filming aren’t flavour of the month with the more senior officers…

crankboy
    Free Member

“the Police aren’t too chuffed with the final editing and the rank and file are feeling a bit hard done by in the way a whole day’s filming may have been cut down to a single comment that taken alone doesn’t in any way represent what they really saw”

we had the fly on the wall people at our inner city criminal law practice . I and the staff i viewed as my team refused to play and refused to be interviewed, we came out really well those who were filmed were made in to caricatures and to my mind came across really badly.

The whole tone of the film was false. We were based in what is only partly jokingly referred to as the ghetto the film kept cutting to people in power suits dinning in posh restaurants in the commercial center of Leeds.

Given one of the incidents shown appears to form the subject of an outstanding complaint I’m surprised it was not more heavily cut.

hora
    Free Member

IMO the Firearms officers came across very well in my opinion.

In the Armoury I did 😐 at the way the officer waved the firearm towards the cameraman a couple of times whilst talking (without realising it) though. H&S!

thegreatape
    Free Member

I’m looking forward to next weeks episode now, having seen one of my former colleagues in the preview clip in the van.

DezB
    Free Member

In my opinion all the coppers have come across very well IMO.

Taking into account the scum they’ve had to deal with…

mildred

I was in there, and filmed much much more than shown. But…

By all accounts, the Police aren’t too chuffed with the final editing and the rank and file are feeling a bit hard done by in the way a whole day’s filming may have been cut down to a single comment that taken alone doesn’t in any way represent what they really saw. Of course, I’d suggest that they’re very naive if they ever thought that TV was going to portray things fairly rather than in a way that would create interest/outrage/etc. By all accounts, the senior officers who sanctioned the filming aren’t flavour of the month with the more senior officers…

Exactly this – I refused all cooperation, as did most officers. Those that did take part had to have their arms twisted in order to take part, with the comment from the “more senior officers” – ‘make it happen’. I would’ve loved to be a fly on the wall in the meeting when the production company were selling their wares; “Yes, we call it a lens, and inside there is where the magic happens”…

but the comment that no Notts Fire Arms officers have ever fired/shot anyone.. well WOW.

Is absolutely true, despite the unfair reputation Nottinghamshire had a few years ago, a baton gun is the only ‘firearm’ ever discharged.

I came fairly close not long ago when a bloke came screaming and sprinting at me in a dark car park with double headed ‘battle-axe’ being waived above his head. I shouted at him (in my own unique manner) and he dropped it and started crying. At court, I was asked “did you feel threatened at any point in this encounter?” Doh!

user-removed
    Free Member

Last week’s episode had one of my all time favourite bits of telly – the bit where the cop jumps behind the wheel of his car and raps out, “WOOP! WOOP!, Das da sound of da police!”. Brilliant!

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Coppers at 9/C4’ is closed to new replies.