Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • PSA: Cool online live tv streaming site
  • grumm
    Free Member

I've always used this site as a tv guide but just recently noticed it has 'watch' links by the channels so you can watch most of the freeview channels streaming anywhere with a reasonable web connection.

http://www.tvguide.co.uk/

I use a thing called Zatto to do this, which is better quality, but doesn't have all of the channels.

deserter
    Free Member

bumsticks!
    can't watch it as non Uk resident

Stoner
    Free Member

Ive had a problem recently with zattoo – the image freezes for 15 seconds out of 45s although the sound keeps going.

Im wondering whether its tagged as p2p traffic and is getting throttled by BT. Time to force an IP address change I think.

TV guide is a good site.

deserter, have you tried myp2p.com?

PeterStarkiss
    Free Member

Any informed people out there know how you stand re: TV licence watching live streaming on your PC ?

grumm
    Free Member

Yup you're meant to have one for live streaming, though strangely I think you can watch stuff not live on iplayer etc

Stoner
    Free Member

if you're watching absolutely live simultaneous broadcast you need a licence – HOWEVER, streamers like the ITV one (and in fact most streaming relays) are delayed pruposely by a number of seconds, making it Timeslip watching and so exempt from licence requirements.

All iPlayer stuff is exempt from a licence.

The only thing you need a licence for on the BBC is if you watch the live BBC news or sports broadcasts that they do – which they do broadcast simultaneously and for which they put a note at the bottom of the page about requiring a licence.

grumm
    Free Member

Ah didn't realise most of the streaming sites were exempt – I guess that applies to Zattoo as well?

theflatboy
    Free Member

TV Catch Up is another very good site for this – have had sport on at work a few times using its genius!

Stoner
    Free Member

grumm – I think zattoo is a little different, although there's no definitive answer anywhere and I doubt it will ever be tested in the courts, it possibly does require a licence.

I only bought a TV a few weeks ago for the first time for 5 years to be able to play Thomas the Tank Engine DVD's for Jr. I use the TV occasionally to watch live TV so now have a licence whereas previously I didnt but did use online viewing occasionally.

If we got rid fo the TV again, I would probably still get rid of the licence as it's pretty impossible for TVLicencing to police PC viewed TV whether local relay or international streams etc. The TV Licence is a dead licence walking.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Cool online live tv streaming site’ is closed to new replies.