Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • PSA – Concorde on C4
  • jumping_flea
    Free Member

I know you guys like a good plane – take alook a C4 now

IanMunro
    Free Member

I hadn't realised 10 years had passed since it crashed.
    That's a bit frightening!

aviemoron
    Free Member

Watching it

smudge
    Free Member

thanks for reminding me 8)

JulianA
    Free Member

It's fab! Great aeroplane! She might fly again, or at least do high-speed taxi runs, I read somewhere (worth Googling…)

juiced
    Free Member

concord is just fantastic!!
    Thanks for the post.

nuke

Good call…by coincidence I was on Concorde today at Brooklands Museum 😀

Edric64
    Free Member

I saw an equally impressive plane at the weekend as the last flying Vulcan bomber flew at Yeovilton air day

simonralli2
    Free Member

Simonralli1 flew on Concorde as part of a corporate jolly but now Simonralli2 is an ecowarrior I feel a bit guilty about it 😳

But yeah, I used to live in Hampton near Heathrow and loved watching it fly over. I also went to Richmond to watch its final landing.

carbon337
    Free Member

Does anyone else feel that Aerospace Engineering has gone backwards?

allthepies
    Free Member

No.

crazy-legs

What an ace film, the stats are incredible.

Vortexracing

Does anyone else feel that Aerospace Engineering has gone backwards?

with what we have just rolled out the answer is a definite NO

Must admit being an aircraft designer myself, i'm always incredibly impressed with the concorde.

juiced
    Free Member

wow.

carbon337
    Free Member

ok they doing good stuff nowadays – ie rolls royce on that program last week and the 787 with its composite materials but what these guys did back in the 60's was incredible and ground braking – they didnt have the computing facilities we have now to backup and model designs.

br
    Free Member

I was in Paris the day it crashed, and due to travel back. I didn't even bother going to the airport.

Rich_s

Flying wing?

Cutting edge…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horten_Ho_229

Vortexracing

they didnt have the computing facilities we have now to backup and model designs.

true, but we are in a similar position, we are pushing technology and design solutions so far, that we are still asking a lot of the computer simulation we are using.

different problem , but still as difficult.

Those guys were truly innovative I'll give you that.

Concorde is a fantastic aeroplane.

BTW It's not only the shape thats cutting edge

highclimber
    Free Member

why is it not allowed to fly now if what the NTSB is actually what happened?

seems like a freak accident due to poor runway clearing and a bad decision by the flight technician?

Hadge
    Free Member

The Yanks never liked it because they didn't do the "supersonic" thing first! It was a very expensive plane to run and maybe that was one of the reasons but it would be brilliant if it could fly again. Saw it close up at Fairford where it took off and it's an incredible sight. Not quite SR-71 or even Vulcan memory but close and it was and always will be an incredible feat of engineering.

Jimbo
    Free Member

Airbus/EADS withdrew support. They hold the permit to fly. An aircraft without said permit is not an aircraft.

Bunnyhop

Alpha Charlie was one of the first Concorde to be donated to Manchester airport's museum. sadly it's covered up now and will never fly again, having had all it's hydraulic bits put out of action for safety.

I was lucky enough to see it fly into MIA on its final trip.

guido

Biggest shock was my girlfriend on the advert for mondays WWI excavation programme during the show! She screamed!

juiced
    Free Member

I was fortunate enough to have seen her flying. First came the noise then came Concorde! (which technically may not be correct, but you'd hear her and look to the sky's)

That's was an amazing programme!

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Concorde on C4’ is closed to new replies.