Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • PSA – CHLORINE GAS LEAK – EASTBOURNE COAST.
  • avdave2

East Sussex fire and rescue service said the investigation was likely to take some time.

Spoke to my sister and brother in law but they’d had no more updates on it. I couldn’t actually smell anything myself it was just stinging eyes but that was over in Pevensey Bay.

poly
    Free Member

Strong enough for sunburn. Plenty strong enough for HC breakdown and formation of hydroxyl radicals and ozone.

in a bank, blowing in from the sea? Not many cars at sea… of course marine traffic can cause HC pollution but it seems unlikely that everything was just right for it…

People go to beaches on bank holiday weekends in a all weathers, there were only 100 ish people on the beach so for a bank holiday it obviously wasn’t a scorcher.

Kimbers, are you really claiming the weather is different at weekends? You are Jeremy Hunt and I claim my £5

kimbers

No im not claiming the weathers different at weekends, its that NOx degrades differently at weekends!

http://engineering.berkeley.edu/2009/03/ozone-weekend-effect

irvb

Chemtrails ;-/

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I was at Shoreham Port that morning and remember seeing a large ship out near the windfarm with a cloud of yellow/brown smoke over it. It was quite unusual. The smoke was sort of rising up and leveling out over the ship to make a small “cloud”. I’ve not seen anything like that before and we’re used to seeing ships out there. (i’ve emailed the coastguard/investigation people about this btw)

It was also a very calm and hot day, the wind turbine at the point was still, or occasionally rotating slowly.

I also googled ship emissions, and it seems they are a lot less strict (even in controlled emission zones like the English Channel) so they produce a lot of Nox and sulphur dioxide, which can apparently react in sunlight and irritate eyes/nose. Smells like burnt matches apparently.

So my money is on ship emissions. Maybe they even burnt the wrong dirtier fuel when in the low emission zone?

samunkim
    Free Member

Badly burnt diesel is high in Dioxins … Shudder

CountZero

Chemtrails ;-/

#muttleysnigger

CountZero

So my money is on ship emissions. Maybe they even burnt the wrong dirtier fuel when in the low emission zone?

Don’t a lot of older ships still burn bunker oil, basically just like tar?

gobuchul
    Free Member

Don’t a lot of older ships still burn bunker oil, basically just like tar?

The majority of all ships burn HFO, heavy fuel oil, when at sea. Not quite tar but not far from it. Needs steam heating coils in the fuel tanks to allow it to be pumped around.

You wouldn’t be able to afford all your Chinese and Korean goodies if they burnt diesel.

Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘PSA – CHLORINE GAS LEAK – EASTBOURNE COAST.’ is closed to new replies.