• This topic has 19 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by dlr.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • PSA – cheap Exposure Six Pack Mk7 @ Evans
  • howarthp

£299.96 – 25% off

chakaping
    Free Member

And on other Exposure lights.

Strada 1200 ordered after kicking myself for missing out on the last cheap lot.

🙂

chilled76
    Free Member

Finally bit the bullet and ordered one of these yesterday after spending 2 months posting about different lights on here. Nice of Evans to email out offers 24hours before to previous customers.

chilled76
    Free Member

Also- not sure £300 for a light is cheap.. more like, “slightly less extortionate priced Exposure 6 pack”

andysredmini
    Free Member

They are cheap/good value even at full price. My exposure enduro is nearly 10 years old and has been used for commuting every dark morning and night plus night rights every year and is still going strong. It’s cost £280 so a bargain at £28 per year.
    Compare that to my mate who has been through countless cheap Chinese lights that have performed badly, cut out mid ride, flickered, fell apart and set part of his garage on fire.
    I just bought a six pack in the Black Friday sale and it is amazing. You won’t regret it.

howarthp

Yes, good point. I should have said cheaper rather than cheap. Still excited to get one!

chakaping
    Free Member

I am inordinately excited at the prospect of safe road rides on the winter evenings.

djflexure

One year on with a Strata – seemed extravagant at the time – but its been faultless. Dependable lights are a must (for me) on a long commute.

backinireland
    Free Member

Double up Tesco points and it’s even better value

slimjim78
    Free Member

Just a word of warning – a friend picked up a new Maxx-D in the current sale, promptly dropped it on the floor and it stopped working altogether – took it back to Evans and they exchanged without even looking at it. Fair enough, although, these things are usually pretty darned rugged.

I went to the head office/shop last night and picked up a Diablo, in fact, I asked them to bring several down from the warehouse as the first one had a few marks to the body which I (and the salesman agreed) considered to be a finish issue rather than being pre-used.

I settled on 3rd unit (which still isn’t flawless in terms of finish quality) – and when I got it home I was setting the light program when it promptly stopped working altogether. No manner of button pressing or charging will bring it back to life. Its dead Dave.

As such, I have a strong hunch that some/all of these discounted units are effectively factory seconds. It’s rare to see this level of discounting on Exposure products even with Evans buying power, and whilst there’s nothing wrong with selling warranted items – if my hunch is correct then there should probably be a note in the item description to inform the buyer(?).
    I stress, this is all just my opinion.

Would be keen to hear any others opinion on the finish quality of their product.

andybrad

I got the diablo damaged one. Its definatley a second but works (on one test)

iainc

….would be pretty sneaky thing for them to do without mentioning they were seconds or similar, hope not 😯

firestarter
    Free Member

I got a joystick which was clearly a seconds item with the finish quality

wwaswas

I got a joystick off the web from them described as ‘shop soiled’

1) It was described as a Mk7 but was a mk5
    2) It looked like it had been on someone’s bars whilst they’d inverted their road bike to fix a puncture. Repeatedly. Then taken it off the bike and kicked it down the road for 10 minutes.
    3) The battery was loose inside the case and the light went on and off if you shook it.

Took it back to local store for a refund, bloke who did it couldn’t have been less interested, barely glanced at it.

So, the upshot seems to be if you have an old knackered USE product buy a new version from Evans and return the old one – no one will check or care and some other poor bloke gets your old light in the sale…

zilog6128

I got a Strada 1200 in the first round of sales, worked fine so far & finish was perfect. They usually mark items as ex-demo/ex-display if appropriate so I’d hope these Exposures were new unless stated!

riddoch

With the ex-demo things that Evans sells it’s always worry checking the picture closely. The description seems to be pulled from the current website rather than what’s being sold.
    To be fair it’s worked in my favour when a “single” ortlieb pannier had the matching one of the pair inside.

My strada that I got before Christmas was also spotless so unlikely to be seconds. exposure sell seconds through their website and there’s not that many.
    If the model is marked or not correct I’d say wwaswas might be onto something, they’re too argos like in their returns policy.

chakaping
    Free Member

My Strada arrived last week and it is a brand new item in perfect working order.

I’d be amazed if they’d decided to sneakily clear seconds via Evans on discount. Call them to discuss if you really think that’s the case, they answer the phone.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Call Exposure? Yes, I may try that later. I’m off to the Evans head office now on my lunch break, lets see what they say..

Glad your unit is perfect.

slimjim78
    Free Member

So,
    Lady shop assistant didn’t ask to see broken unit – but asked what I wanted to do, ended up bringing 3 more Diablo’s down from warehouse to inspect, each of them was more-or-less perfect.

Swapped my light without so much as a signature on the receipt.

So I hesitantly take back my claim that all sale lights are potentially factory seconds – although the 3 units I looked at last night were from a shoddy batch at least.

dlr

slimjim78 – maybe I got that maxx-d as one hour into my first ride last night it just turned off, two faint green leds still on this morning, won’t turn back on (battery status occasionally flickers), charger does nothing etc, just logged a warranty claim with Evans! Luckily I always run two lights else could have been messy/painful!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘PSA – cheap Exposure Six Pack Mk7 @ Evans’ is closed to new replies.