Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • PSA channel 5 10pm – The Walking Dead
  • kimbers

http://www.channel5.com/shows/the-walking-dead/episodes/episode-1-312

Egg V’s Zombies, based on the awsome comics

Cougar

I watched this first time round, thoroughly enjoyed it. Highly recommended (so long as you’re not bothered about a bit of claret).

john_drummer
    Free Member

yes, tis very good. finally a program on Channel 5 that’s actually worth watching

Drac

It’s excellent proper good gore in it too.

Braiiiiins!

kimbers

to be fair 5usa has
    breaking bad
    sons of anarchy
    justified
    & 5 brought us the shield!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Just echoing the recommendations. Watched it on FX when it was on. Such a pity the next series doesn’t come on till October 🙁

chvck
    Free Member

I’ll pitch in with another recommendation, is an excellent show!

Creg

If anyone is interested Play are doing the DVD and Blu Ray for a special preorder price. IIRC £19.99 for the DVD and £23.99 for the Blu Ray

billybob
    Free Member

Yup proper good visceral slice of telly, zombies crossed with shawshank redemption, what’s not to like?

kimbers

if you want to see more id heartily reccomend the graphic novels
    they are quite grim though!

kimbers

BUMP!!

emma82
    Free Member

I’ve just wound the other half up by pointing out how blatantly medically flawed this programme must be even in the first 20 minutes….. crap

_tom_
    Free Member

First two episodes were great, after that it started getting boring and a bit crap.. shame as I loved it to start with!

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

i’m having to record it as i couldn’t get sorted in time to sit down and now can’t watch tv 😡

racefaceec90

am watching it now.better than i was expecting 🙂 this is how the resident evil films should have been.

DT78
    Free Member

Well the start is pretty similar to that british zombie one – 24hours later I think? Where the chap woke up from a coma and wandered round london deserted…

Good so far.

Why don’t people arm themselves in these movies? As soon as I see one nasty zombie I’d be desperately looking for the nearest thing I could smack them with!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Why are there two Brit actors playing Americans? Can’t they find any actors in America?

Not enough killing and mutilation yet for my liking.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ooh spoke too soon point blank range middle of the head back of head blown off brains splattered everywhere!

Nice.

More please. 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Oh that one don’t look too healthy, crawling along with no bottom half, guts spilling out and one femur still attached! 😆

In the eye! Not playing games is he?!? 😯

Irish_AL
    Free Member

blatantly medically flawed

😆

quick everyone down to the winchester 😆

kimbers

i had to take a break from the comics as i was getting depressed

series is doing a very good job of sticking to the comics so far

if they get 50% close to that storyline it gets a lot messier

miketually
    Free Member

It stays very true to the comics apparently. Well worth sticking with.

kimbers

what we need next is an equally good tv adaptation of Y the last man

racefaceec90

that was a lot better than expected (some good special effects).will be watching it. also was wondering why zombies only went for people (as all films i have seen,they just went for human brains/flesh) until the bit where they ripped apart red rum (poor horse)i hope i never have to experience anything like that for real 😯 (although i do ride on salisbury plain sometimes.think james herbert the fog 😯

jimc101
    Free Member

Why are there two Brit actors playing Americans? Can’t they find any actors in America?

Cos Brit actors are cheap! unless their House

Ok series, far too short for an American series at only 6 episodes for the first season, some characters needed more development, or seemed to just disaper after the ep they were in, understand they had issues with the writers, but this should have been sorted before they went into production.
    Will be interesting to see what S2 is like, and how many Ep’s they do.

Kuco

That zombie? of the bus he reminded me of Steven Tyler from Aerosmith.

woody2000

Turned it off after 35 minutes, too many bloody adverts! Grr!!! 😕

brakes
    Free Member

needs more nudey zombies
    everyone likes a nudey zombie

Irish_AL
    Free Member
    spacemonkey

Pretty uninspiring IMO from that first episode.

Put it this way, if you wake up from a coma, go walkabout and find a load of dead bodies, then hook up with some geezer and his son who start talking about “… the Walking …: … I mean, what a load of bollox. The first thing we (and they) would say is “… zombies …” instead of trying to be clever and fresh.

And the ‘dragged off a horse’ scene was pretty pathetic too.

Really wanted to like this (love Egg because of This Life etc), but IMO it’s all a bit pants so far.

billybob
    Free Member

Worth sticking with – definitely a slow burner…

Kuco

I’d rather have a short series than something like Lost or Heros that went on for ages.

atlaz
    Free Member

It’s not a big explosions and set pieces sort of thing really. It’s one of the things I liked best. There’s no trying to save the world, just saving themselves.

Who was the 2nd English actor in it?

Lifer
    Free Member

Great series – stick with it!

A few things annoyed me though, like where they choose to camp….

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

atlaz – Member

Who was the 2nd English actor in it?

‘Morgan Jones’ the black father, holed up in his house with his young son.

The actor who plays him is called Lennie James and has been in a number of US TV series, including post-apocalyptic survivalist drama Jericho in which he played a deep cover CIA black-ops type.

tadeuszkrieger
    Free Member

I’m a big, big fan of the genre and I thought it was rubbish. So far it’s mostly been a mish mash of bits nicked from other survival horrors. Will probably watch part 2 to see if it picks up.

kimbers

now that imho is some good advertising http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-13070369

Lifer
    Free Member

If you ate Zombie would you become Zombie?

cynic-al
    Free Member

So far it’s mostly been a mish mash of bits nicked from other survival horrors. Will probably watch part 2 to see if it picks up.

It may not be that original, but it’s nice to see a return to slow zombies, to me it’s got a good plot so far, adn the production values are great.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘PSA channel 5 10pm – The Walking Dead’ is closed to new replies.