Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • PSA: Bristol Balloon Fiesta this weekend
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

In case anyone has no plans and wants something interesting to do with the family/kids/friends this weekend. For those of us that live in Brizzle, it sometimes passes us by without paying much heed as it’s an annual event and the weather is often shite, but for anyone who hasn’t been, it’s good clean family fun – the kids seem to love lots of balloons taking off, and the nightglow, while seeming a bit chaotic at times is worth seeing too.

This year though, it’s looking as if the weather is set fair, Sunday excepted. 🙂

Oh and if anyone wants to cottage, I can point out some good spots on the Downs in person. 🙂

Fiesta Website Here

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Isn’t the street art festival too?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I thought that was back in June…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member
    CountZero

I used to go when it first started, driving over at five in the morning, hardly anyone around other than the balloonists, used to help drag the balloons out and take photos. great fun, can’t get that close anymore. 🙁

Milkie
    Free Member

Does this mean the trails are going to be extra busy!?? I was thinking of incorporating both the Fiesta and a ride.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

@TSY, I see. I thought you were on about upfest.

That one looks interesting too though.

philconsequence
    Free Member

are you going?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Does this mean the trails are going to be extra busy!?? I was thinking of incorporating both the Fiesta and a ride.

Well, if you’re planning on driving to the golf course car park with your full bouncer on the roof, I’d probably re-plan that one. 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

are you going?

No. I’m going to take Molly for a walk in the park and grumble at them as they fly get blown overhead.

philconsequence
    Free Member

fine, i wont surprise mrsconsequence by bundling her into the car at 5am and driving her down to bristol then.

fine

whatever.

Milkie
    Free Member

Well, if you’re planning on driving to the golf course car park with your full bouncer on the roof, I’d probably re-plan that one.

You’ve been watching me.. 😆
    I don’t mind paying the £5 for parking, as I’m going to look around the Fiesta, but if the trails are rammed I’d rather give it a miss.

wallop

I reckon a lot of locals will avoid the trails or stick to LW….

clubber
    Free Member

Best of all, Optimus Prime is going to be there! My son is so excited I think he may explode before tomorrow 🙂

http://www.bristolballoonfiesta.co.uk/content/86/optimus-prime-at-the-fiesta.aspx

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

but if the trails are rammed I’d rather give it a miss.

I reckon they won’t be rammed, but whether you can do the mapped loops, I couldn’t be sure.

clubber
    Free Member

I’ve ridden the trails during the Fiesta before with no issue – things can change of course but they’re far enough away from the main act that unless you’re planning to drive there, it should be fine.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

My son is so excited I think he may explode before tomorro

Make sure you film it.

clubber
    Free Member

Mobile at the ready! 🙂

boxfish
    Free Member

Bear in mind that the Suspension bridge will be closed

cheers_drive

Milkie – Member

Usually less busy although there is no parking and the bridge is closed which may cause an issue for some.

I had the good fortune of going up in the mass ascent during the glorious summer of 2003 (remember what real summers were like). A great experience, topped off by landing in a random farmer field who insisted on showing us his art collection!

Milkie
    Free Member

Suspension bridge is closed from 6pm.

The A369 between Brunel Way and Beggar Bush Lane will be closed from 7pm until midnight every evening of the event. The B3128 Ashton Road travelling towards Bristol will also be closed from 9pm until midnight each evening.

Maybe I’ll ride somewhere else this weekend… maybe I wont. 😆

MrAgreeable

There were reports of cars being towed away from North Road last night, although I think the official car parks in Leigh Woods are still open.

cheers_drive

I saw someone get towed last night. Several muppets had moved the cones so they could park.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Bristol Balloon Fiesta this weekend’ is closed to new replies.