Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • PSA: Bontrager 650b XR4 tyres
  • fudge9202
    Free Member

Also fitted mine last night went up tubeless with track pump and stayed up, great job OP
    Look great on my Habit if they are as good as the reviews will probably stay on all year round. Glad I ordered a spare set. 😀

jaylittle
    Free Member

How are people running these…. front, rear or both?

Denis99
    Free Member

Well,good to see that a few bought these tyres, great bargain.

I use the XR4’s front and rear in the winter months, but just removed the rear one. prefer the Maxxis Ardent Race for our summer/ drier months.

Always go up easily tubeless, using the Airshot to bang them onto the rims.,

fudge9202
    Free Member

I’m going to run these front and rear also if things really get drier I will probably swap the rear out , perhaps an Ardent race I’ve never run one so not sure how they are grip wise in the corners or my favourite the Minion SS. Anyone run any of the other Bontrager offerings on the rear?

Denis99
    Free Member

XR3 on the rear, good rear tyre, and ok on the front in drier conditions.

Prefer the safety of the XR4. Upfront these days though.

Ardent Race is fine on the rear when it’s drier, slips around a little in poorer conditions though.

jaylittle
    Free Member

Thanks for the info.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Denis99 cheers for the insight, think I’ll stick with the minion ss

whitestone
    Free Member

I run XR4 front/XR3 rear during the wetter months, switch to XR2 front/XR1 rear for summer. The XR2 is roughly the same as a Maxxis Ikon. The XR2/1 combo is for full day XC rides where rolling resistance not aggressive grip is a priority.

martinhutch

Another XR4 front, XR3 rear here. Bob, will you be running xr2/1 for the South Lakes 100 or is that just for Dales?

whitestone
    Free Member

Will probably have swapped over by then in readiness for the HT550, the XR4/3 were a bit OTT for the Mary Towneley Loop yesterday as things were very dry.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Bontrager 650b XR4 tyres’ is closed to new replies.