Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • PSA Boardman FS £900 at Halfords
  • swan0mighty
    Free Member

somebody please give me a reason not to buy this

tacopowell
    Free Member

Link?

cfinnimore
    Free Member

You’ll have to take it apart and put it back together again. Properly.

johnnystorm

Join British Cycling to get 10% off and then join SELOC.org to get vouchers with 10% off to pay for it.

swan0mighty
    Free Member

do both these discounts work with reserve and collect and can they be used together?

thanks

cp

both discountd do work on reserve and collect- you get a discount on vouchers with SELOC, so you use effectively normal Halfords vouchers and then claim the 10% BC at the checkout. You need to plan a bit as the SELOC vouchers are posted to you as far as I’m aware.

mjsmke

Because the frame will flex more than wet cardboard.

johnnystorm

If you get your order in for the vouchers before midday through the website then they arrive special delivery before 1pm the next day. 🙂

swan0mighty
    Free Member

item isnt available for reserve and collect any stores near me, need to pay online and they will ship the bike to the store so i cant use the BC discount, and cant use gift card online so cant use SELOC discount.

think i might have just joined two clubs for nothing

stu1972
    Free Member

I would have thought that £900 and a bit of patience in the For Sale section would yield a bike far superior to the Boardman?

Does it have to be a brand spanker ?

swan0mighty
    Free Member

for sale section does not allow use of my interest free credit card 🙂

stu1972
    Free Member

it does when you link it to your PayPal account ! 🙂

I should know, mines had substantial hammer lately 😯

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I can’t comment on the bike above, but I’ve got a Boardman CX bike and it rides brilliantly and is better quality than more expensive brands I’ve ridden.

Unfortunately I think they get a lot of brand snobbery.

tacopowell
    Free Member

Unfortunately I think they get a lot of brand snobbery.

I’d agree but surely, shopping around would pay off? Reckon a better bike is lurking round the corner for you!

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

You could get this. use a 10% off voucher code.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=78902

johnnystorm

Swan. Surely you can pop into the Halfords store and order one? Might miss out on online quidco though, but the other savings will make up for it.

stufive
    Free Member

As long as you dont plan to sell it on in 12 months once the full sus bug has bitten 😀

cp

Might miss out on online quidco though

4% Quidco for in-store Halfords purchases

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

you can get nectar points at CRC

johnnystorm

If he’s paying with 10% off vouchers he’d be mad to only get 4% off I store with his card! 😉
    Best bet would be to pop in store and have a word.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I’ve never felt comfortable buying bikes second hand – you can never be totally sure how much hammer the drivertain/fork stanchions/bearings have had and you’ve also got no warranty.

You’d be paying another 30 – 50% again to get a conparable spec to the Boardman.

Keep hunting out those discount codes!

rrc21
    Free Member

Only problem with the boardmans (I work in halfords) Is that the seat tubes are sometimes too small for the seat posts and you have to pry them open a bit. Apart from that, they’re decent bikes.

Caher

I was think of getting one of these now i know my stolen Stumpy is not coming home to me again. STW did a review of one in issue 65 and gave it a good rating.
    I have seen them go on eBay for around 750-800 for a year old ‘rarely ridden’ model but for the sake of 200 quid you may as well buy new for increased warranty back-up.

nmdbasetherevenge
    Free Member

i don’t know if the new ones have the same issues of cracking as the old ones? My mate bought one and it cracked just doing very tame xc type stuff. They were very good with the warranty though.

zerocool

Got the chance to try one last year, fun to ride and pedalled well, And at that price you can afford to upgrade bits as you see fit. Enjoyed it more than some bikes twice the price.

Tom KP

grim168
    Free Member

Got one just over a year ago on bike to work scheme. I’m 15 stone and not very delicate and it takes all I can throw at it. I’d buy another if it got nicked

eyerideit
    Free Member

It’s got a lot of spacers under the stem.

If that doesn’t put you off I don’t know what will!

markrh
    Free Member

I’ve had one for a year now, owned pitchs & anthems and other acknowdged decent bikes and its right up there with them. for the money you will not get better.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘PSA Boardman FS £900 at Halfords’ is closed to new replies.