Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • PSA – Black Mirror tonight
  • CaptJon
    Free Member

And Robert Downey Jnr has acquired the rights to make one of the episodes from the first series into a film:

The film rights to Jesse Armstrong’s Black Mirror episode, The Entire History of You, have been picked up by Robert Downey Jr.

Downey Jr is understood to have fought off competition from rivals including George Clooney to acquire the rights.

The episode was part of a three-part drama series produced by Charlie Brooker and Endemol indie, Zeppotron.

It was first broadcast in 2011 on Channel 4 and revolves around an alternate reality where everyone has a memory chip implanted which records everything they do, see and hear.

Directed by Brian Welsh and starring Toby Kebbell, Jodie Whittaker and Tom Cullen, the story looks at the implications of using that technology and how it could destroy lives.

The TV series has already been sold to 21 countries around the world.

A second three-part run of Black Mirror starts on C4 tonight (11 February) and interest to acquire the movie rights has also been expressed in other episodes.

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/international/robert-downey-jr-picks-up-black-mirror-movie-rights/5051867.article?referrer=RSS

rewski
    Free Member

Sounds like a really intriguing concept.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Good shout!

Cheers.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    binners

Should be good. And with Utopia tomorrow night, that’s two consecutive nights of quality telly. A rare treat

grievoustim
    Free Member

That was a good episode – I can see it being spun out into a movie

Odd that no one in Hollywood has optioned the “prime minister makes sweet love to a pig” episode

BobaFatt
    Free Member

keep seeing the trailer for tonights episode and it just creeps the jeebus out of me…….so it should be good 😀

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Last series was excellent, looking forward to this.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

I’m not a fan of this series at all despite all the hype and obvious messages within the episodes. I simply don’t enjoy tv that’s so dark in my peaceful wee house 🙂

josh1982
    Free Member

Didn’t see the first series…….will this spoil tonight’s series?

Edit: looks like they are one of mini movies?

IanMunro
    Free Member

Nah, you’ll be fine. Each as of off. Bit like ‘tales of the unexpected’ for the 21st century.
    The Entire History of You one mentioned above was fantastically good!

Cougar

I missed the first lot too, but will be watching tonight. Looking forward to it.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

I thought it was supposed to be a modern take on the Twilight Zone.

I miss the Twilight Zone. Watched some on Youtube but it looks pretty dated these days. Still enjoyable if you have some patience though.

Cougar

Now, that’s a tablet.

chewkw
    Free Member

Tonight’s episode is rather similar to the one from Futurama where Fry ordered Lucy Liu robot doll for his pleasure. 🙂 Order the body then download the memory of Lucy Liu …

boltonjon

binners – Member
    Should be good. And with Utopia tomorrow night, that’s two consecutive nights of quality telly. A rare treat

Spot on!

Black Mirror was wonderfully creepy tonight

Well, that was a typically British pile of crap TV!

andeh

You’re right, if only Channel 4 would stop wasting our time with this and make more stuff like Mrs Brown’s Boys, Miranda or Blandings 🙄

yunki
    Free Member

oooh, Blandings sounds good..

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Series 1 is on 4od btw for those who missed it first time round.

Enjoyed this evening’s episode. Just about weird enough without being too unbelievable.

robowns
    Free Member

Tonights episode was one of the best things on TV for a long time

grievoustim
    Free Member

I though it was ace – baffled as to what STR thought was wrong with it

It was a bit like a modern retelling of “the monkeys paw”

wait4me

I liked it. Not particularly original, but I love Philip K Dick so was right up my street.

Spookiest moment for me was when she is having the picnic. Said to my wife about the fuzzy landscape in the background; “that looks like Birling Gap”. In next shot I say “I reckon the Red Barn is just out of shot somewhere”. Girl moves head slightly and there’s the Red Barn. Very Twilight Zone…..or I’ve ridden my bike up that very path more times than I care to remember.

binners

That was really good. Very creepy.

Oi technology people!! When can I have one of those massive tablet’s? Pull your fingers out! Real life is so disappointing 😉

Utopia tonight too. I wonder how many schoolkids he’s going to kill tonight?

Pook

I was waiting for the software to crash, or the dummy to get mouldy or something

Kryton57

Spooky that. But I have

a) googled for similar web surfing tablets (Asus EE?)
    b) Put a requisition in for my aging work LT for a newer lighter sportier model
    c) Enabled dropbox on all my kit(although worryingly that lead to me reading a work document on my Iphone in bed at 11:30 last night.
    d) ordered a blow up doll

rwc03
    Free Member

Loved the last series but didn’t really enjoy last night’s episode.

*Spoiler*
    I think it was the walking sack of flesh being able to cook and dress itself that was just not near future believable, I enjoyed it up until he walked downstairs from the bath.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Black Mirror tonight’ is closed to new replies.