Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • PSA, BBC1 Yorkshire tonight. 8.30. Behind Bars, prison undercover.
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Could be interesting, if your’e interested in another fubared public department.

Good news is though, HMPS are recruiting!
    Yes, you could be a member of staff in any situation shown tonight(I know not what yet) for the princely salary of £20751.00 (a year)
    Bargain!

bearnecessities

I had no idea you hated your job.

You should’ve mentioned.

MSP

salary of £20751.00

And as much spice as you can “accidentally” snort.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Not interested, soz.

The corruption inside is too intimidating.

jekkyl

are you featured then essel?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

are you featured then essel?

Naa, think it’s HMP Northumberland.

I was in a scene on Emmerdale once though, in visits. Got £50 for that. 8)

Not interested, soz.

The corruption inside is too intimidating.

How would you know?

thecaptain
    Free Member

I know someone who gave it a go, but quickly decided it wasn’t the job for him. Pretty unpleasant by all accounts (ok, just his account).

project
    Free Member

Its on all bbc 1 channels at 20.30, after the prisoners are put to bed, so they cant watch it.and they have blurred heads so you cant recognize your ex workmates or neighbours

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Its on all bbc 1 channels at 20.30, after the prisoners are put to bed, so they cant watch it.and they have blurred heads so you cant recognize your ex workmates or neighbours

Ours get their PJ’s on at 18.00 hrs. 😀

bikebouy
    Free Member

It’s all the chatter about drone dropping drugs off, the drug dealing inside and such.

Can’t deny that those stories are true even if you read/hear about them on the BBC news.

You may know different being on the inside.

olly2097
    Free Member

Spent a day in the cell today in North Wales prison as part of a prison scenario. I can see why those behind bars get frustrated. Was only there 8 hours but 6.5 of it was lying on a bed staring at a wall.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

£20k a year?
    Fox. Hat.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

There’s not a lot of corrupt staff but it happens. Shit pay (for what the job entails) doesn’t help this. Drug dealing inside is of endemic proprtions, this is cos we’ve got staff shortages because…..
    the pay’s shit (for what the job entails) … & repeat.

I can see why those behind bars get frustrated. Was only there 8 hours but 6.5 of it was lying on a bed staring at a wall.

If you can’t do the time, don’t do the crime.

Drac

Naa, think it’s HMP Northumberland.

It is. Down the road from me.

How would you know?

He once watched Porridge.

devash
    Free Member

Now Brexit’s going through we can outsource our prison service to the Russians.

http://natgeotv.com/asia/inside-russias-toughest-prisons/videos/black-dolphin-prison

bikebouy
    Free Member

No, I’m gladly sitting here to be educated about the Prison service.

I will not watch the programme because it will not be balanced nor accurate. For every drug deal there will be a decent human done wrong who is doing some study or rehabilitation to appease him/herself. I expect the programme not to include the good stories. I expect sensationalism and curved ball reporting to gain ratings.

I absolutely Do Not support a stranglehold on funding, I think the salaries are quite despicable and instead of a service that caters for rehabilitation you end up with depression and intimidation. To counter that, those in Prison should be made to realise crime simply doesn’t pay and serving a sentence should mean just that, locked in.

Porridge is a very funny sitcom, if you think I align that to real life then maybe you’re just here to provoke. I’ll back away from that and let you pick on someone else.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Porridge is a very funny sitcom,

& I am Mr Barrowclough!
    It was actually very accurate as far as staff shortages, drugs & violence was concerned. That was the point of this programme.

£20,175.00 a year, is it any wonder they can’t recruit?

ninfan
    Free Member

Hmm, £20k in surrey is a bit different than £20k in Blyth though, isn’t it?

cinnamon_girl

I didn’t watch it but we have a system that clearly isn’t working and nothing is being done to address it. We need to have an adult discussion and decide whether people matter in the UK in the 21st century.

Nothing to do with Brexit either, just the usual self-serving governments lining their pockets and sticking two fingers up at everyone else.

clipper247
    Free Member

I watched it – as I said to a few of my workmates (all Police) – we moan about staffing, but it seems to be worse with you guys!
    All respect esselgruntfuttock – not a job I’d want to do!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Hmm, £20k in surrey is a bit different than £20k in Blyth though, isn’t it?

Oh yes sorry, forgot about that. 🙄

gazhurst
    Free Member

I feel I should comment on this…

As an officer of 19 years service, I can assure everyone that times have changed and it has got massively worse over the last few years. I’m in my 4th prison now, having done Cat A, young offenders, a local Cat B and now a working Cat C. I leave here next Friday to embark on a new phase where I will be going to the Prison Service College to try and impart my knowledge and experience onto new recruits.

I can’t agrue that the pay is great for the conditions but I try and be optimistic and think that times will soon change for the better (the service went through something quite similar about 25 years ago).

There are staff that end up corupted for many reasons, there are staff that come into the job for the wrong reasons, there are staff that want to help and there are staff that think the white shirt makes them bulletproof…but similarly, there are offenders that want to change just as much as there are offenders that have no intention of conforming to any rules or regulations.

I dont really know what I’m saying now so I’m off to drink some coffee and eat a cake while totally ignoring someones plea for help because I’m too busy being manipulated by someone who thinks they’re entitled to a heap of tobacco!!!!!!!!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘PSA, BBC1 Yorkshire tonight. 8.30. Behind Bars, prison undercover.’ is closed to new replies.