Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • PSA: Bargin Saracens – 853 steel and Ariels
  • honourablegeorge

Lovely hardtail that. Full XT, Fox forks, and 853 tubes. You’d have to be a real badge snob to dismiss it.

TiRed

Too big, need the 17″ 🙁
    And filet braised by Enigma too!

epo-aholic
    Free Member

You’d have to be a real badge snob to dismiss it

Not a snob but did ride Saracen (through a bike race team sponsorship) years back, i broke more ‘853’ frames than wind that season! 😀

cyclistm
    Free Member

that flyer is lovely. They have a shop soiled ti too..

PJM1974
    Free Member

I don’t like the white mainframe and black swingarm look of the Ariel, but that’s about all the faults that I can find with it.

The Kili looks great!

ElShalimo

That Kili Flyer is lovely looking. If it rides well and fits then ’tis a bargain
    You’d have to be an anorak to know what it is from a distance anyway

honourablegeorge

PJM1974 – Member
    I don’t like the white mainframe and black swingarm look of the Ariel, but that’s about all the faults that I can find with it.

There was a pic of the Ariel frame on here lately, in ano black with gold detailing, looked a lovely frame.

The white/black with the white wheels and background makes it look very bargain basement in those pics, somehow.

takisawa2

That’s nice. £1200 is a bargain. That would just get you a Soul & the forks.

Rickos
    Free Member

I’m a badge snob these days. I don’t mind riding any bike, but it galls when a frame you bought for £380 and made of 853 and all the right angles and stuff sells for £80 about 12 months later. Just cos it said Genesis on the downtube. So, for residual values I avoid anything that may end up losing me big cash. My own fault for being a bike swapper.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Bargin Saracens – 853 steel and Ariels’ is closed to new replies.