Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 170 total)
  • PSA – Ard Rock Enduro 2017
  • BoardinBob

http://www.ardrockenduro.co.uk/ard-rock-terms-and-conditions-2017/

Up to 1 calendar month before the event – 50% of the entry fee will be credited upon confirmation of your request to withdraw.
    The final Date for Ard Rock Withdrawals is 4/7/2016

To be fair, having organised events for a dozen people and seen the amount of faffing about, cancellations, bespoke requests etc you get, I can totally understand them taking a hard line to cut down on speculative entries.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Fancy it next year Bob? Me n big Howser will be going, Brian R keen to go too.

It’s great craic.

BoardinBob

Aye one of the lads is aiming for a team entry for us

wrightyson
    Free Member

62 squids this year, it gets dearer each year. You’d hope with the ever increasing popularity it’d stay the same…

joefm

They certainly make enough money…

I enjoyed the course and event but the numbers were too high for a proper race.

BoardinBob

I’m sure the two years I did the EWS the race cost went up ~£50

doubledunter
    Free Member

Fancy it next year Bob? Me n big Howser will be going, Brian R keen to go too.

It’s great craic.

@Nobeerinthefridge Aye going for an entry with another 3 of us, hopefully get a place 😕

trickydisco
    Free Member

Can anyone tell me the real world difference between the Enduro and Enduro sport?

All I can see is it’s on a different day and there’s no queuing?

qtip

Can anyone tell me the real world difference between the Enduro and Enduro sport?

All I can see is it’s on a different day and there’s no queuing?

Enduro is supposed to be for the more competitive types, so theoretically with the Enduro either:

a) there will be less riders getting in your way;

or

b) you will more likely to hold someone up.

Depending on how fast you are and on whether competitors really enter the Enduro / Enduro Sport according to competitiveness.

I did the Enduro in 2015 and had to find my way past quite a few people, but only got passed once (don’t think I held them up as I got out the way as soon as I heard ‘rider’), and finished towards the bottom of the middle third of the pack. In that year, however, the Enduro Sport was only 3 stages (now the Enduro Intro) so there were probably quite a lot of people entering the Enduro purely so that they could ride all 5 stages.

I think the new options make more sense, with the Enduro Sport being the best option for people wanting to ride all 5 stages but not fussed about how fast they get down. There will still be slower riders (like me) in the Enduro, but at least they should be trying to go fast and hopefully will be more aware when it comes to getting out of the way of faster riders.

Kahurangi

Basically there are so many people wanting to do the event it’s been nominally split in to two buckets:

my interpretation

Enduro – those who want to go hell for leather all the way
    Sport – those who want to have a crack at riding the stages

also the same split for the 3-stage Sprint/Lite events.

/edit – as stated by qtip more elaborately above 🙂

scandal42
    Free Member

That cash cow is getting milked.

Refund policy is absurd this far in advance. Should be able to pass on entries as a minimum, they wouldn’t be out of pocket and everybody wins.

Kahurangi

That cash cow is getting milked.

Refund policy is absurd this far in advance. Should be able to pass on entries as a minimum, they wouldn’t be out of pocket and everybody wins.

But there’s money to be made and so far the demand is there….

richardkennerley

I did the sport last year and will hopefully get an entry for it this year. I just want to ride the event, experience the atmosphere and enjoy the stages. Last year it was great, I had an early set off and there was pretty much no congestion on any of the stages. There was one kn0b complaining at the bottom of the first stage about how he got held up, but that was me and another fella who fell off in front of me which resulted in a hold up of a few seconds, hardly worth morning about on a non-competitive day. There was a good atmosphere on the transition stages and I got chatting to a few people on the way round. Great day out.

scottfitz
    Free Member

postierich – Member

i marshalled this year as i did not get an entry as I had some friends going. Got paid but asked to have an entry for next year and they said no!! Charming after spending two days on a hill at the furthest point away. Ok i got to ride some stages but thought it was a bit tight Most enduro’s will do this for it’s marshals (Including sell out one!)

Kahurangi

Right, I’m in. See you lot there.

RicB

have the main saturday enduro tickets sold out already? They didn’t seem to go live with the others

qtip

I only managed to get into the Sport. Little bit gutted, but will still be a great weekend.

DrP

Somebody musrt have got them..but it wasn’t me..

DrP

bedfordrd

In for the Sport again – sorted 🙂 And thank goodness for Nespresso Espresso!

RicB

just went live then disappeared – surely they can’t have gone within 5 seconds!

doubleu
    Free Member

In for full Sat race – booked our team of three.

Can’t wait.

Training starts on Monday 😆

Kahurangi

Well I suppose I and 999 others were sitting there hitting refresh for a minute until they appeared….

click tickets, no change, refresh main page, click tickets….

RicB

It’s not an enduro race, its a race to see who can press refresh fastest ffs!

pinch_flat
    Free Member

yep saturday did seem to instantly disappear and then as soon as any appeared to free up they went again. Quite annoying really, but at least I got into Sunday.

Kahurangi

Enduro is a combination of downhill speed to race, strength and fitness to complete the course intact and internet savvy to get entered 😳

sr0093193
    Free Member

At least I’m competitive at one part of it, I knew years of button mashing on console games would eventually pay off!

3 of us in for the main enduro, missed out on everything last year so pretty happy.

RicB

Jon Taylor – Member
    Well I suppose I and 999 others were sitting there hitting refresh for a minute until they appeared….

click tickets, no change, refresh main page, click tickets….

As you can buy multiple tickets it was probably more like 250 of you….

Bet this means there’ll be lots of competitive people riding the Sunday, so hope there’s no argy bargy.

Gaz.dick
    Free Member

Woop!

sofaboy73
    Free Member

in for the main enduro for 4 of us. no issues getting in, must of struck lucky, either that or years of furious page refreshing getting glsato tickets has stood me in good stead! means we can have a solid booze on the saturday night – hurrah!

cycl1ngjb
    Free Member

Got in for the Saturday Enduro

Just showed up as unavailable for me

Two mates were also trying at the same time

One managed to get a slot & bought for all three of us 😀

russyh
    Free Member

I’m in.

trailhound
    Free Member

Forgot to set the alarm and by 6:38 the ard rock enduro tickets were gone. Managed to get tickets for the enduro sport race on the Sunday though so not a complete disaster! Looking forward to it now.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Unlike last year, I got in the enduro this year, hurrah!. Only 3 of 11 of us got in….

smatkins1
    Free Member

I’m in. Refresh button hitting level: cat-like.

qtip

Just entered the Sprint as well as the Sport – hadn’t realised that it was just a shorter format of the Enduro. I’d ignored it until now as I thought it was the version they used to do where it was just a timed loop. Makes me feel a little better about missing out on the main Enduro.

big_scot_nanny

I’m in, Enduro virgin here, so gone for the intro option. Big jessie that I am.

robump
    Free Member

Tickets sorted. . . now just aa 9 month wait!

lowey

In for the Sport. My very first enduro, or indeed any race / event.

DrP

Managed to sort 3 tickets for the sport in the end..
    A bit disappointment as I’d much rather enter the proper event, and I’m plagued by the winter blues so feeling glum anyway….boo hoo…

I’m sure I’ll cheer up come August..

DrP

joeditch
    Free Member

jeez i must have been lucky got one first try this morning for the full shebang!! cant wait!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 170 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Ard Rock Enduro 2017’ is closed to new replies.